Chapter 10

Elvis let go of me and I walked over to his clothes, I picked out a white button up shirt and white pants. I handed him the outfit and he went into the bathroom to put his pants on. He came back into his room and I helped him button up his shirt while he combed his hair. He walked over to his door and opened it, we could hear people downstairs. I watched Elvis tense up so I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, he gave me a sad smile and we walked downstairs. A lot of his family showed up, it was hard to watch the family that's always happy be sad. But it was nice to see how many people Gladys impacted.
After a long sad day it was time to go to bed, Elvis didn't want his family to stay in a hotel so they all stayed at Graceland. One of his aunts was in my room so I grabbed my stuff to go sleep downstairs on the couch. "What are ya doin' darling?" Elvis asked
"I'm going to sleep downstairs, since your aunt is in mine." He walked over and grabbed my hand.
"There's no way I'm letting my girl sleep downstairs when she could sleep me, now come on." He lead me to his room.
"Sugar, no your family is here what are they going to think?" I whispered
"That it's my house and I can do whatever I want. Besides birthing is going to happen, I know you aren't that type of girl. I just want to be with you and hold you." I sighed I can never tell him no.
"Fine" we walked into his room, I crawled into his bed, he took off his shirt and crawled next to me. We faced each other and talked for a while.
"I really miss her." He said
"I miss her too." I said
"I'm sorry you had to take care of me today." He mumbled
"You don't have to apologizes I didn't mind at all."
"But your my girlfriend, we finally see each other after a while and I make you take care of me, I should be taking care of you." I notice tears forming in his eyes.
"Hey come here." I said and pulled his head into my chest, he wrapped his arms around my stomach. "I love taking care of you, your always doing things for me, let me do something for you." I ran my fingers through his hair, he hugged me tighter and eventually we both drifted to sleep.
The next day was the funeral, Elvis clung to my side all day. I don't mind, I loved being able to hug him and be around him. But I am worried about what will happen when he goes back to Germany, I won't be around to comfort him. I really hope that he will be ok. Elvis stayed for a few more days, we spent every second together. We watched tv, rode horses, played football and I showed him what I learned in piano lessons. When it was time for him to go I went back with him to the airport. When we got there I hugged Vernon and Dodger first, then I turned towards Elvis. He smiled at me, as I held back my tears.
"Oh honey come here." He pulled my into his arms. "Please don't cry baby, as soon as I get back to base I'm demanding that you will be allowed to come to Germany. Until they approve I will call you everyday, I love you so much." He kissed my head.
"I love you too sugar." I stood on my tip toes and kissed him.
🎸 Two months later🎸
Elvis has called me everyday and every time promised me he his working on me moving there. I have gotten closer to Mary, I help her with the grocery shopping, cooking and I have coffee with her every morning. Today we are sitting in the kitchen having breakfast, the phone rang, I answered it. "Hello?"
"Honey!" Elvis yelled form the other end
"Hi sugar!"
"Baby pack your bags, you are moving to Germany. One of the boys should be by the house in about an hour!"
"Wait really, you got it approved?"
"Yep I sure did, I do keep my promises you know." He laughed, I squealed
"Oh my gosh I'm so excited!"
"Me too baby, now go pack, I can't wait to see you!"He said
"Alright well I love ya sugar!"
"I love you too Satnin!" He said, I froze as I heard him hang up the phone, why did he call me Satnin?
"Ms Lily what did he say?"Mary asked, I shook the thought from my head and turned towards her,
"He finally got it approved for me to go to Germany, I'm leaving in about nan hour!" I exclaimed
"Oh honey that's wonderful! Come on I'll help you pack!" We went upstairs and packed a few suitcases. I can't stop thinking about why Elvis called me Satnin, I know it's just a pet name, but that's what he would call Gladys. 
    After a while Red showed up at the house, I said bye to Mary and got into his car. We drove to the airport and got onto a flight. It was a long flight, but I slept the majority of the time. When we landed there was a car waiting for us, the drive wasn't very long. When we got to the house I got out and ran to the door, I knocked and Vern opened it, we smiled at each other. "Lily it's good to see you hun!" He hugged me.
"Nice to see you too Vern!" I smiled brightly.
"Well come on in and sit down, Elvis had to run to base, he should be back soon." He lead me to the kitchen where dodger was sitting at the table.
"Hi dodger!" I exclaimed, she looked at me and smiled.
"Lily! It's so good to see you!" I walked over to her and hugged her.
"Alright ladies I'll be back." Vernon said and walked out of the kitchen. I sat across from dodger.
"You know Elvis sure did miss you! All he could talk about was you!" She smiled
"I sure missed him too" I said quietly.
"Honey what's wrong?"
"What? Nothing." She raised her eyebrow
"Lily I've been on this earth for a long time, I know when a girl is worried about singing, now com won tell me." I took a deep breath
"When Elvis called me telling me that I could move here he called me Satnin" I looked down at my hands
"Ok, and?"
"It's just I'm his girlfriend I-I've seen boys whose mamas die and the boy clings onto the girlfriend and after he doesn't see the girl as a girlfriend anymore. I don't want that to happen with Elvis and me." I mumbled
"Well the make sure it don't"
"What?"
"Honey no offense but you look tired, and your wearing one of your around home dresses. You haven't seen Elvis in two months, dress up a little, fix your hair and makeup. I know my grandson, if he sees you all dressed up he'll melt in your arms." I looked at my clothes realizing she was right. "Come ok I'll help you" we went upstairs to my suitcases, she picked out a pick dress that Elvis bought for my birthday and my white kitten heels. I fixed my makeup while dodger put a few curls in my hair. I admired myself in the mirror, I definitely looked better than I did earlier.
"Thank you dodger"
"Of course honey, now you say up here, when he gets here you make sure you make an entrance." She smiled and went back downstairs, I waited at the top of the stairs. I heard the door open.
"Baby? Where is Lily dodger?" He asked excitedly, I took that as my cue to walk down the stairs.
"Hi sugar!" I exclaimed, he turned towards me smiling with flowers in his hands. I kept walking down the stairs as soon as I got to the last stair he picked me up in a hug and twirled me around.
"Hi baby, I've missed you so much!" He placed me back on the ground. I smiled up at him and looked at his outfit, he was in a dark green uniform, he looked so handsome.
"Well look at you solider, you look very handsome." I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.
"Thank you honey, but look at you, goodness you sure are pretty." He grabbed my hand and twirled me around, I giggled.
"Thank you sugar! Are those for me?" I pointed at the flowers in his hands
"Oh yeah here you go baby." He handed me the bouquet of roses.
"My favorite, thank you sugar!" I gave him a big kiss.
"Anything for you baby!" He kissed me again. "I know you just got here but one of the guys is having a party and I want to show off my girl so do you mind if we stop by for a bit?" He asked
"Sure that sounds fun"
"Alright let's put there flowers away and go"

......................................................................................
Author's note: thank you for reading!! I really love this story and I hope you guys are too!!