Couch.

Ayla
I get home from the mall with a couple of bags, but not a single one contains anything for Seth for his birthday.

Great.

Failed attempt once again. I can't describe how stressed out I am, but I'm just gonna put it aside for now and I'm sure I will think of something by the time comes.

When I get in the house it's quiet, which I mean it always is, but it feels too quiet. I leave my bags by the front door and start walking upstairs seeing if Seth is working.

I walk up to our room and he isn't there then I check his office and he's not there either. Maybe we went to work or something at least he should've texted or called would've been nice. But oh well.

I walk back down stairs wanting to watch tv then read a little because I've been feeling the need to read.

When I get to the couch Seth is sleeping with his arm over his eyes. How did I not see him when I walked in I don't know.

I analyze him more.....his shirt is off. I shake my head walking away not wanting to wake him up.

Maybe he had a hard time at work and needed rest. Instead he's not sleeping and grabs the fabric of my skirt stopping me.

"Oh, i thought you where asleep sorry if I woke you" I said looking at him and his hand with his rings the same ones he wears, always.

"No I wasn't sleeping" he says getting up sitting straight up, with me in front of him.

He rests his hands on my waist pulling me forwards sitting on lap with him laying back on the couch moving his hands on muy thighs. His cold rings sending goosebumps on my legs.

"Had fun?" He asked, it took me a second to answer still focused on his hands. "Yeah, well the shopping part was stressful, but other than that it was good."

"Why was it stressful?" He says looking at me not breaking the eye contact, but I'm the one that does playing with my hands. "We'll Jocelyn was trying to figure out a present for one of her cousins and well we had no luck."

I come with an excuse off the bat, im going to give myself a pat on the back later because that was good. My leg starts to feel itchy so I reach down scratching it Seth grunts noticing what I'm doing I stop quickly.

"Oh and then i saw Rico" I say moving my attention to Seth again trying to change the subject and move from the fact of what just happened, but he shifts uncomfortably. Bringing up the fact I saw Rico again since I mentioned through the phone.

Im going to stand up just in case it's me that's making him uncomfortable, but he doesn't let me stand up his force of my hips is to strong "Stay."

I do.

"Ayla, I have to tell you something" He says suddenly his voice serious. He brings me closer to him my legs on either side of him my chest almost resting on his naked one.

"Mhm?" I say not forming any words.

"Your father called, and umm.. I asked him what he wanted and he told me that your mother had passed."

My heart sank as I heard the word "passed" I feel my face go pale and it's becoming hard to breathe.

It feels as if I just got done running 2 miles straight with not break, no rest, and no water. I feel my eyes start to sting as I try to ignore the feeling.

Should I cry? I'm I supposed to? This wasn't how it was supposed to go though I was supposed to see her and tell her all the memories I have with her.

Memories rushing back all at once, finally breaks me. Seth pulls my in the nook of neck hugging me close to him like if even let go even he would know I would crumble and never be able to be put back together.

"Im sorry i didn't tell you sooner, I was trying to find the right time, but there was never the "right" time" he confesses. Bug honestly wasn't needed because I would've been fine without knowing this at all.

All this emotion is a lot of pressure.

"It's okay" I manage to say behind all my sobs.

Me and Seth are like that for a few more minutes before I close my eyes trying to black out everything out of existence.

I try to even my breathes taking deep one in and out trying to calm myself. I don't need to have breakdowns and torture myself when I could calmly do it.

My eyes start to feel heavy "I love you, Ayla" Seth says softly kissing my head. Which was enough for me to peacefully fall asleep against Seth with my hand on his chest and his hand playing with one strand of hair.