Chapter 8

"Peony

"Peony."

I head to the back to find a different flower. I pick up a tiny purple flower group and hope he won't know this one.

Asher shakes his head and chuckles when I exit the back room.

"Leo, this is way too easy," he smiles.

"Oh yeah?" I challenge. "What is it then?"

"Hydrangea."

"Dammit," I groan.

I turn my back yet again and go into the back room.

Asher and I have been at this for about thirty minutes and I am determined to find a flower that he doesn't know. I should've known that after he's spent the past two years here every day, he would know every flower in existence.

I look at all the shelves of the extra flowers that aren't displayed. I'm just going to assume that any white, purple, or red flower is off-limits. I'm sure Asher knows what those flowers are because I know what they are, and I've barely been working here for a month.

In the corner of my eye, I spot a light pink flower, probably ten inches in diameter. It has more petals than most flowers and is shaped like a flattened sphere. It has pointed leaves that are arranged in a spiral design. This one should be perfect.

I carry it back to the central part of the shop and hold it in front of Asher.

"Hm...Dahlia."

"Asher," I groan. "Can you at least pretend that you don't know what it is?"

"It's just too easy," he giggles.

I huff and search for another flower. I find a unique orange and red one and think there is no way he can know this one.

I walk out of the back room for the twentieth time and hold the flower out to Asher.

He looks at the flower and a confused expression crosses his face. I smile, thinking that I have finally won.

"Can I see it real quick?" Asher asks, and I hand him the flower to examine.

"Do you know what it is?" I question.

He is still fiddling with the flower in his hand. His eyebrows quirk down in concentration and he is mumbling, trying to find the answer. His face finally relaxes and he looks at me in defeat.

"I-I don't know," he mutters sadly.

"Yes!" I jump, throwing my hands up in the air in celebration. "I won. You don't know what this flower is! Hallelujah!"

I snatch the flower from Asher's hand and start my victory dance. I flail my limbs around and shake my butt in an attempt to dance. I spin all around in a circle, not even looking to see Asher's reaction.

"I won. I won. In your face. You lose. I wo–"

"Just kidding, its's a Tiger Lily," Asher says, innocently smiling.