Chapter 39

Before the sun is even peeking through the blinds, I find myself wiggling out of my boyfriend's bed

Before the sun is even peeking through the blinds, I find myself wiggling out of my boyfriend's bed. The second my feet make contact with the ground, and I find the strength to stand up, an aching pain shoots up my back. I bite my lip, trying to prevent a small whimper from tumbling out of my mouth as I limp around the silent room. Everywhere from the waist down is sore.

Leo is a very passionate lover, to say the least.

Speaking of my gentle giant, he is still peacefully snoozing in bed. Through the faint light of the room, I can see the outline of his body. His head is resting on his bicep while his other muscled arm is resting in front of his stomach. I feel shy when I realize that the blanket is pooled around his ankles, revealing all of his naked body to me. I immediately direct my attention somewhere else.

It feels a little silly that I'm this bashful, especially when just yesterday our naked bodies were grinding together in sweet love. Even thinking about it now puts a soft smile on my face. Leo definitely got a little heated in the moment, but the way he kept checking if I was okay, and holding my hand, and softly kissing me in the sizzling intimacy, made me feel so cared for. He's so delicate with me, and that's something I love entirely.

I quietly trudge toward his closet, but not before picking my underwear off the floor and slipping it over my legs. I grab a random shirt off a hanger, throw it over my head, and watch it drop almost all the way to my knees. I then slip on a pair of his sweatpants that are probably about three sizes too big. I grab one of his old backpacks off the ground before making my way back into Leo's dark bedroom.

I stealthily make my way around his room, trying to pick up my clothes from last night without groaning in pain every five seconds. When I finally grab my last sock that was thrown on his desk, I zip the bag up and sling it over my shoulder.

I whip around when Leo makes a sleepy noise and shifts on the bed, but he immediately goes back to sleep after getting comfortable. I kneel in front of my beautiful boyfriend, looking at the soft and peaceful features of his face as he sleeps. I lean forward and give him a long kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"Bye, Leo," I whisper. "I love you." I trace a heart on his collarbone with my finger before finally finding the strength to stand up and leave the room.

When I enter the kitchen, Esther is already waiting for me with a hot to-go coffee in her hand and her purse.

"You ready to go?" she asks with a bright morning smile.

"Mhm," I nod as she gives me a warm hug in greeting.

I follow her out of the door. We both climb into the car before heading out on the road.

I texted Esther last night before Leo picked me up for prom, asking if she would be willing to drive me over to Oliv—my apartment before she went to work. I knew I would probably be spending the night at Leo's, but I knew that today was an important day for Oliver as well. Esther said it absolutely wasn't a problem and didn't even question why, which I was thankful for.