Chapter 19

Ever since I woke up, Leo hasn't been able to keep his hands off of me

Every time one of the nurses comes into the room, he finds a way to subtly touch me. Whether it be laying on the bed next to me, holding onto my pinky finger, or even just lightly setting his hand on my thigh.

I am certainly not complaining, though. It's honestly kind of cute.

I was so alarmed when I woke up and Leo was literally bawling over my body. I have never seen him break down like that in my entire life.

I finally understand what he means when he says, 'it hurts to see me so sad'.

That's exactly what I felt.

The doctors told me I had to stay here for a couple more days to monitor me. I'm still pretty immobile, though, so it would be hard for me to go anywhere.

I'm just getting tired of spending all day in the hospital.

Oliver told me that Leo visited me every day while I was in a coma. Every day.

I don't know why but I just didn't expect him to care that much. I know he cares about me, don't get me wrong, but I didn't realize it was to that extent.

He must have been so sad and lonely being here every day. All I know is that I definitely want him to be with me for the rest of my life because I can't name another person who would do that for me.

Christmas completely flew by as well.

I'm kind of sad that I had to miss it, but at least Leo was here with me the whole time. I don't even remember much, to be honest, because the day prior I was still comatose. My memory was mostly hazy, but I am feeling a lot better.

Leo said Esther was fine with it, but I'm still shocked that he would rather spend Christmas here than anywhere else.

Speaking of Leo, he walks in the door with yet another plate of disgusting hospital food.

I just whine as he gives me a bright smile.

"Hey, don't be like that," he says playfully.

I automatically scoot over on the bed and make room for him.

"But the food is so nasty," I pout.

He sets both plates of some weird-looking white, green, and orange slush on the hospital bed table and sits right next to me.

"I'm sorry, beautiful," he says, and then leans in to kiss me on the forehead. "Don't worry, I'll get you some Chick-Fil-A tomorrow. Deal?"

"Mhmm," I hum happily, leaning into his side.

I pick up my spoon and try a bite of the so-called "food," but it tastes exactly how it looks. I scrunch my face up in disgust while Leo laughs at my expression.