Chapter 41

Three years later

Three years later...

My body is waking up against my will. I still feel like I have a good two hours left in me that I can sleep, so I don't open my eyes. I try tugging the blanket over my body only to be met with disappointment because Leo is hogging it all. And to make things worse, I hit my elbow on the wall while trying to steal the blanket.

All I want to do is sleep.

Curse these tiny dorm beds. I'm sure they are big enough for the average size person, but definitely not two people, especially when one of us weighs over two hundred pounds and is bulked up with pure muscle.

If I thought Leo was muscular in high school, then man, I was wrong compared to now. Every inch of his skin is covered in lean but powerful strength. Every time he moves even one part of his body, all his muscles flex under the movement. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hot.

I'm still pretty small and skinny, to be honest. My body hasn't changed much since I've been in college. I go on runs with Leo sometimes, but that's not doing much for my muscle mass. Sometimes I get a little envious of my boyfriend's body, but I know Leo loves me the way I am. Plus, who am I kidding? I'd probably look weird if I were that bulky, and I'm too lazy to go to the gym all the time.

A little chill runs through my body. I instantly push my body into Leo's, pressing my face into his chiseled back to hopefully feel some of his warmth.

Leo and I haven't gotten to sleep next to each other for a couple of weeks now, so this is really nice.

Since we are dating, the college obviously wouldn't let us room together, especially since some people already knew who we were with Leo's football skills and my past attention from the media. However, Leo and I were just fine with that. In fact, we decided that we didn't want room together well before that.

I think part of being in a healthy relationship is space. Even though we are together a lot of the time, I like knowing that I have somewhere to go when I just want to be alone. If Leo and I ever want some alone time, we don't take it personally and respect the other person's independence. That's probably one of my favorite things about us. Trust, respect, and open communication are some things that have defined our relationship since day one, so I'm glad that even after four and a half years, we still stick true to these values.

That being said, sometimes I just really want to fall asleep next to my boyfriend—listen to his slow breathing, feel my skin against his, and wake him up with little kisses in the morning. But out of respect for our roommates, we don't sleep over in each other's dorms if someone else is there. Luckily, Leo's roommate went on a short three-day trip with his girlfriend, so it's just us in his dorm room right now.

Along with that, D1 football is a big commitment, and I've seen it firsthand being with Leo. Usually, he would already be out of bed by this time, but since they had a game yesterday, they have the entire day off today.