Chapter 33

Life has been a bitch lately, to say the least

Finding out that the same people who are supposed to cherish and love you throughout your childhood could never love you because you remind them of their dead sibling is traumatizing.

In the beginning, I couldn't figure out why I was so sad. It's like I finally got what I wanted—proof that Bradley and Susannah were never meant to be parent material, but it hurt more than I ever thought I would.

I feel so betrayed.

My mom called me about fifty times before I blocked her number. Quite frankly, I don't want to talk to my parents at all. Even if I'm legally their child by adoption, they never treated me like their child, so I'm not going to treat them like my parents.

Even if I was kind of hoping that my father would at least take some sort of initiative and reach out to me, he didn't. But I should've known better. He's the same person who has harshly slapped me twice now, so why would he want me back?

To say I feel conflicted is an understatement.

Even if I am so, so angry at them, they've still been my parents for most of my life. Even after all their abuse, some part of me still wishes they were joking.

I keep thinking about what it would be like to have my father's sister, Ashley, as a mother, but as I am finally getting over my little pity party, I realize I don't need to.

Oliver really has been one of the most supportive people throughout this whole thing. He swears that he didn't know my parents were hiding something that big, and I completely trust him. Leo and I had to physically restrain him from going to my parent's house and beating the crap out of my father.

Oliver has let me cry on his shoulder numerous times. He has let me rant to him. He's even let me break a couple of things out of frustration, which was completely by accident, but he didn't mind. Day by day, Oliver has proved to me that he can be the best damn dad that he can be.

His little boy that passed away must've been really lucky. It's such a shame that Oliver had to go through that, but I think he is treating me with just as much care as he would to his own biological son.

Oliver even went to the mansion while Mother and Father were out so he could get most of my stuff and move it into his apartment, which made me so happy. My parents didn't even say anything about that, so they either didn't look or didn't care enough in the first place.

Now that I'm finally becoming myself again, I realize all those around me who love me just like Oliver. The people who don't want to see me sad anymore and just want to see me smile after my hardships.

Leo has been the most supportive boyfriend I could've ever asked for. I'm sure most people get sick of me saying how much he means to me and how much I love him, but it's true that no one else compares. I think I've found one of the greatest people ever known to humankind.