REPORT: C02030110142022A00

The soft hum of the air conditioning unit bounces off the newly wiped walls and moped floors. Rico told himself he would clean the room after his first case, but after taking a deep breath and having his lungs attacked by an armada of dust particles, he changed his plans.

      There was nothing to worry about his hypothesis was correct. Many don't come down to room 1524, so he thought he could do whatever he wanted as long as his work for the day is done. He is right. It is almost like working from home, except he still has to wake up early, commute to a place he doesn't like, lose control over his life, and sit in a room he hates. But hey, he gets a fish and free coffee!

     Rico looks through the other drawers trying to see if there is a remote to control for the air conditioner in the room. The machine has been pounding cold air for the past hour, turning the room into a walk-in fridge.

RICO

Why, why, WHY don't they let me control the temp in here? 

I get it's summer, and it's boiling outside, so we make it 

cold in here. But why do they have to drop 

so low in this room? I am the only one in here!

     Rico flops down in his chair and glasses at Laurel in her bowl.

RICO

Look, Laurel, your bowl is almost frozen. 

You look fine, though. Not much bothers you, does it?

Luckily, everything tends to bother me. I feel on

 edge 24/7. Well, that's what Betty told me.

Laurel blows a bubble, and Rico hears the soft pop noise once it bursts.

RICO

Who's Betty? She's my ex two exes back. 

She was nice and loved working at the aquarium. 

You would have loved her. She broke up with me

 because I made mountains out of

molehills. I wonder what she's up to.

Rico hops on his phone and opens Instagram, and begins to type in B-E-T-T-Y.

RICO

We should check to see what she's been 

up to lately. Not long, like one or two 

swipes down her page. 

Just to find out... and what 

I'm doing is creepy.

Rico puts down his phone and picks up the file Edward handed him. He turns on his microphone and gets to work.

RICO

Thisis agent Rico Seviriano, 

This is case C02030110142022A00. 

The original date of the event is October 14, 2022. 

It is in California near the coastline. 

Code Name:On The Road.