MISSING AISLE (PART 18)

Confetti falls from the sky, and a poorly handmade "CONGRATULATIONS" sign floats in the air. The island looks like the Missing Aisle but floating in the cosmos.

KURT

Congratulations man. You did it.

My mouth is gap-faced like a goldfish. I want to scream, but the words are stuck behind my uvula. My vision starts to blur as tears fill the rim of my eyelid.

KURT

It's ok. Let it out.

My fist slams onto the floor as I scream as the bone-crushing weight that's been sewn onto my back slowly drops to the floor. My eyes gush tears as I yell into the space. I can feel the gaze of the birds, the gorillas, and every beast on every island as my yell echoes throughout the trial. The starry sky is filled with cheers and roars as they join me. A chorus of joy, pent-up frustration, and passion shake the islands as Kurt bellows a laugh.

KURT

There we go. We have all been waiting for this. 

We couldn't take it easy on you, but that

doesn't mean we wanted this for you.

Kurt holds his hand out for me. I barely see it past my tears, but I grab him. Once on my feet, I take a few deep breaths to regain a normal rhythm. Once there, I look up at the sign.

RYE

So, my debt?

KURT

Gone.

RYE

For all the items?

KURT

All of them. They entirely belong to you, 

and you can do whatever you want with them. 

There are some new laws you must follow