New Affair (Part 7)

Don pulls out his phone as they come up to a door locked by a keypad. A semi-transparent pink centipede made of light appears out of nowhere on the door handle. Don watches the insect crawl onto the keypad and buries itself into it. There are no marks on the keys or scratches on the metal, and soon it was as if the bug was never there. The keypad light turns green, unlocking the door, and Don puts his phone back in his pocket.

They enter a custodial closet. It's large with enough room to hold an assortment of cleaning supplies. Aly pins the man to a wall with one hand. Don looks around and grabs his phone. A few clicks on it and Don speaks.

DON

All clear, no cameras here.

The man squirms on the wall and holds onto Aly's arm. His feet dangle in the air as Aly's palm feels like a metal sheet pressing onto his chest, seconds away from caving in.

STALKER

How strong are you? 

Why can't I get down?

When the man says this, Aly's hand's skin morphs. Her skin shines and glimmers in a multitude of beautiful colors. They remind the man of stained-glass windows found in old cathedrals.

STALKER

That explains it, there's no way you could 

be this strong. It's a damn mechstetic.

Aly's free hand turns to the same stained glass appearance

Aly's free hand turns to the same stained glass appearance. She presses her finger on his forehead.

ALY

Careful what you say. I would still pin 

you to the wall if my arms weren't metal.

DON

We just want to talk for a moment. 

If you answer quickly, you will leave 

quickly. Simple, right?

STALKER

I don't have to tell you anything.

He speaks as if he has the upper hand. Don reaches into the man's pocket.

STALKER