New Affair (Part 8)

The siblings make it through the mall with Mr. Olive's routine ingrained into them. He leaves for the movies after he plays cards, with the movie choice originally feeling random, until they notice it was whatever movie was playing closest to the time he arrived. They follow him far behind into the theater. Aly goes to grab snacks as Don takes a look at the movie he's watching and grabs their tickets. This day they add a twist. Don walks up to Mr. Olive and bumps into him.

DON

Sorry, man.

The bathroom door swings open as Don enters and enters the large handicapped stall. Don pulls out his cell phone and Mr. Olive's phone he "borrowed," and gets to work. From his phone, blue spiders made of light emerge from the screen. 

They leap from his cell phone to Mr. Olive's and dig inside. No marks are left. In a few seconds, Don's screen flashes. He steps out of the bathroom to see Aly waiting nearby.

He walks over and trades her the phone for the food in her hand. Don sees Mr. Olive at the concession stand ordering and then turns to Aly.

DON

Your turn.

ALY

You wash your hands?

DON

I didn't use the bathroom.

ALY

You still went in there.

DON

Can you just hurry up?

Aly grabs the phone and hands him the food. She makes her way to the concession and up to Mr. Olive.

ALY

Excuse me; I think you dropped this.

Aly shows him the phone. Mr. Olive pats his jacket to find his phone no longer there.

OLIVE

Thank you. I don't know how that happened.

He grabs the phone. Aly smiles and turns around to head to the theater. Once inside, they sit in the top row. Three rows down and slightly to their left, Mr. Olive takes his usual spot. He snuggles into his chair with a bucket overflowing with popcorn.