The Rise Of Larsson II

2 weeks after the last chapter...

♠︎ Tom's POV

I kept having the same nightmare. All I could see was fire, people screaming, and Tord.

And within all of that, you could hear a name, "Jessika Härt."

But this night was different, this time the real nightmare was reality.

I woke up to Edd yelling "Tom, wake up!".

I shot up from my bed as Edd slid a carry-on to the side of my bed.

"Hurry up and pack, we're leaving!" Edd told me, that something about his voice seemed off. What had woken up to?

"What do you mean?" I asked quickly.

Edd walked out of the room and I see Matt packing his belongings in a carry-on.

"I looked out the window and caught a glimpse of commotion.

Cars honking and people desperately running around in fear.

A helicopter flies over the commotion.

But when I saw Red Soldiers marching, I knew what was happening.

"Tom! Pack your stuff, we're leaving! This is my second time telling you!" Edd shouted.

I shut the blinds quickly and I head to my room.

I started to pack my clothes and my valuables.

The TV was on and the news was playing.

I listened to the reporter as I packed my clothes.

"Red Soldiers are marching throughout all London. As hundreds of citizens of London flee the area, we were told that this is the London Takeover that Red Leader had said would happen." The reporter said.

That bitch...

"Tom, hurry up!" Edd called from the living room.

I shut the carry-on and walked into the living room.

"Don't talk to anyone," Edd said as he opened the door.

Helicopters and trucks that belonged to the Red Army swarmed the area.

"Where are we even going to go?" I asked.

"Scotland," Edd answered.

"We're leaving England?" I asked.

"I wanna stay in the UK, but I also wanna be as far from London as possible, so I and Matt already talked about it."

"When?" I asked.

"A couple of days ago, we were talking about where we would go if Tord did takeover London," Edd explained.

"Now let's get going!" Edd exclaimed as he flung the driver's door open.

We all got in the car and Edd started to drive out of the parking lot and said "Get you're self comfortable, this I going to be a long-".

Edd was interrupted by a loud boom and the car shaking followed by the screams of fear formed outside.

I looked outside the window and saw a bunch of smoke and fire from a new building.

"Was that what I think it was?" I asked Edd.

I hear Edd's breathing become faster.

"Edd, what was that?" Matt asked.

"I'm not sure, but we need to get out of here," Edd said as he sped up.

So we're leaving, just like that...

I ask myself that same question again

What have I woken up to?

|5 hours pass.|

"Edd, are we almost there?" Matt asked impatiently.

"We still have three hours left," Edd answered.

I'm not the type of person to eavesdrop but this time I was.

Edd and Matt had thought I was sleeping, but all I did was close my 'eyes.

"I really need to use the restroom, can't you stop somewhere?" Matt asked.

Edd sighed and said, "Yeah, there's a gas station coming up."

The sun was setting and it began to get dark out, I started to get actually tired and considered falling asleep.

But I wasn't going to.

I wanted to hear what Edd and Matt would say about me.

Maybe something bad?

Perhaps something good?

I was dying to know.

Edd started to pull into a small gas station and as soon as he parked, Matt rushed out of the car.

"Tom, wake up. We're stopping for a break!" Edd shouted.

I acted like I was waking up and Edd got out of the car.

"We're taking a break, feel free to buy something, I'll pay," Edd said with a smile.

"Alright," I said simply as I got out of the car.

Edd walks into the gas station and I do too.

As soon as I entered I noticed a small tv screen on the wall.

The news plays about what is currently happening in London.

"Authorities are evacuating civilians out of London due to the overwhelming amount of smoke from the bombs that the Red Army detonated earlier today," The news shares.

|10 - 15 Minutes pass|

Once everybody was back in the car, I tell Edd and Matt about what I heard on the news.

Everything is happening so quickly.

We moved on with the day and continued our drive to Scotland.

Edd said he had a place to stay over there.

But a couple of minutes after Edd started driving, he realized he was getting extremely tired.

Edd said he didn't want to car to crash, he said he had a nightmare about him crashing his car and ending up in a different dimension.

You know, the normal stuff you dream of.

But Edd, Matt, and I all agreed to stay in a small motel, just for the night.

It was completely dark at this time and we were all tired.

The bright red words that read 'Motel' on the big sign light up the driveway.

I yawned as we walked into the motel to get a room, but then my phone started to ring.

I went to the side to answer the call as Edd was getting the rooms.

They noticed that the caller ID was an unknown caller.

I answer the phone anyways and I hear someone clear their throat over the phone.

"Tom?" a lady's voice calls out over the phone.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"My name is Jessika, we need to talk."

"Jessika? Jessika who?" I asked.

"Jessika Härt."