Great War Apollo: II

Edd's POV

"The European Rabbit lives to be 8 years of age before dying," Matt said as he got out of the bathroom, after taking his shower.

"Why did you tell me that?" I asked.

"I thought you'd like to know," Matt said.

"The only thing I'd liked to know is where you've been," I said.

"..."

"I just went on a walk, Edd..." Matt claimed.

"Then why didn't you just say so? Unless you didn't actually go walking?" I asked.

"..."

"I just felt like I didn't need to..."

"..."

"Matt?" I asked.

"Mhm?"

"I am going to be leaving... Again..." I said hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" Matt asked tilting his head a bit.

"I-I've been talking to the Purple Leader... He wants me to do a mission..." I explained.

"..."

"You've been with the Purple Army?" Matt asked.

"N-no!" I exclaimed. "I'm just tying loose ends."

"..."

"You know that being around Purple Leader isn't safe? Right?" Matt asked.

"Do you even know his history?" Matt asked.

"No..." I answered. "Do you?"

"Well... I know a bit," Matt said. "Just bits and pieces of the story."

"Story? What story?"

"..."

"Sit down for this one, Edd," Matt said.

I sat on the bed and waited for him to tell me the story, I felt like a child.

"Have you ever seen the Chinese symbol for rabbit, Edd?" Matt asked.

"Nope," I said simply.

"Okay," Matt said simply.

"So, back when you, Tord, Tom, and I were in high school, a student there who kept his identity a secret started a small and secret business," Matt explained. "The business was run by who we know today as Purple Leader, the idea was that other students from the school would pay Purple Leader to kill people for money and make it look like a suicide."

"The 'business' was a success, Purple Leader was making hundreds of dollars per week. But one day he messed up, he killed the wrong person, he killed the son of an agent... an agent of an underground organization of people called The Children Of The Harvest."

"The agent went all the way from Scotland to London just to try and kill Purple Leader," Matt said.

"The agent from Scotland tortured Purple Leader before he planned to kill him, and the agent from Scotland burnt his own zodiac into Purple Leader's stomach: rabbit," Matt explained.

"But Purple Leader managed to escape, and he killed the agent from Scotland, and he returned to his killing as if nothing happened. And by the time he truly stopped his business of killings, around 600 people had lost their lives to a student who we know today as Purple Leader... And not a single person knew his identity. That is who Purple Leader is."

"So I'll ask you again, have you ever seen the Chinese symbol for rabbit, Edd?"

I shook my head.

My eyes widened as my heart was pumping.