Diurnal Utopia

Ayo sorry, that Jeffrey Dahmer Series on Netflix kinda distracted me from writing for a while.
But don't worry, I've finished it.

Tom's POV

I woke up to the sound of construction workers right outside this very building. The early morning sun reminded me that I was now awake.

I wish I had just kept sleeping.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:22. Around 2 hours before I had to wake up.

Right before I decide to lay back down and fall right back to sleep I hear knocking on the door.

I ignored it but the knocking continued.

It kept going and going.

I grunted and reluctantly got myself off of the bed to go answer the door.

I walked to the door so tired that I had almost fallen over.

I stumped my body against the wall for extra support.

I reached the door and opened it to see Tord with one of his hands behind his back.

"Oh..." I sighed as I rubbed my eyes.

"I thought you said you'd be down here at nine?..." I said.

"I did, but... I just wanna talk with you for a minute," Tord said.

"Fine," I sighed and let him into the room.

As soon as I came back inside I immediately jumped back onto my bed.

"You barely woke up?" Tord asked.

"Yea," I yawned.

Tord then moved his hand that was behind his back to the bedside table

He put down a bottle of Smirnoff and cleared his throat.

I chuckled a bit before asking, "What are you about to try to convince me to do?".

"..."

"Tom, I don't hate you..." Tord said.

"What?" I said out of clear confusion.

" I don't hate you, and I know you hate me as you screamed in the car yesterday about that, but now that you're my bodyguard you have to get used to me," Tord said.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"I wanna try again... I know you can't forgive me for what I've done but I at least wanna try to get along," Tord explained.

"..."

"Okay, then you can start by telling me why you're trying to take over everything in the first place," I said.

"Utopia, Tom, I've already told you this," Tord said.

"I know, but what the actual fuck is Utopia?" I asked.

As I lay on my bed Tord sat on it.

"Utopia is what I want in this 'society', I want to bring paradise to people, they want a leader who will actually listen to them, and now that I'm giving them that advantage they're throwing it away," Tord explained.

"I'm just trying to be their leader," Tord said.

There was a moment of silence between us until Tord stood up.

"Well, I'll let you sleep now... Be up by nine, okay?" Tord asked as he left the room.

Of course, he didn't give me the chance to give him my answer before he left but it didn't bother me, at least I was able to go back to sleep...

Edd's POV

"Matt, where were you the other night?" I asked.

Matt turned his head towards me and finally stopped watching the news.

All of that was on the news was talk about that execution camp infiltration the other night.

"What do you mean?" Matt asked me in a soft and tired voice.

"I woke up in the middle of the night the other day and you weren't here..." I explained.

"Oh... I just took our clothes to the laundromat..." Matt claimed.

"Oh, okay..." I said.

I didn't believe him and I didn't know where he went but I wasn't going to push it, he looked sad.

He almost looked depressed.

I didn't think he was I just... Started to worry that's all.

But then my phone started to ring.

I looked to see who it was, hoping that it was Tom.

But it was an unknown number.

I answered it just in case Tom had gotten ahold of a different phone or something like that and this was him calling from it.

"Hello?" called out when I answered.

"Edd?" I woman's voice called out.

"Yeah, that's me. Who's this?" I asked.

"My name is Jessika Härt, I contacted your friend Tom a while back but he's not answering anymore. Did anything happen?" The woman asked.

"Red Leader took him, I don't know where but he did," I said.

"Shit," I heard the women say to herself.

"Okay, listen, there's a place called Utopia, it's hidden very well so I need you to pay attention," Jessika said.

"Utopia is a place filled with abandoned underground tunnels, there's a group of people there who claim to be called 'Utopians', I need you to be there, they can help you and Tom," Jessika explained.

"Wait, this a lot to take in, can I have a minute to write it down or-" I said before being cut off by Jessika saying "I'll message you the location," before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Matt asked.

"I have no idea," I said simply.

"Okay.." Matt said before he continued to watch the news.

I then received a random text from that same number.

I checked it and the message seemed to be a bunch of random coordinates.

He, author speaking.

Don't worry

Tom and Tord make out in the next chapter.

I'm kidding.

Am I?