War Norsworthy: II

Tom's POV

Bloodshed.

There was war outside this very building.

Gunshots could be heard, followed by the engines of tanks, and the detonations of the bombs.

A couple of weeks ago, the Purple Army and a different organization of people who claimed they were The Utopians tried to invade the Red Base.

Most of the Red Base was destroyed by the bombs sent out by air-raid planes.

Red Base, or London, was now a combat zone.

Red Soldiers were being sent out to war every day.

Tord, me, and all the other soldiers not sent to war yet stayed at an underground bunker-type place.

The bunker was huge and had all supplies needed.

Food, clothing, meds, equipment, etc...

There's even a laboratory thing.

But Tord said I was prohibited from going in there, and he was serious about it too.

Oh,

And something else happened.

During the invasion, Robyn died.

Yup.

Apparently, her brain was blown out by Purple Leader after she tried to flirt with him.

Tord wasn't sad.

No, no.

He was happy.

Trust me I don't know why but he was.

But one thing that I couldn't get off my mind was that poem Tord wrote.

I'm not much of a poem guy but I decided to write one too.

For some closure.

...

As I finished writing, Tord came in and hugged me from behind.

I was startled a bit but then smiled and said, "Hi, Tord."

Tord kissed me softly on my cheek and whispered something into my ear.

"We should get some rest, Tom. We have a big plan tomorrow, remember?"

"Yes, I remember, how could I forget?" I asked.

Tord laughed, "Oh, and before we go to sleep, the medics want to speak to you about the diagnosis for your eyes."

Oh, yeah.

My 'eyes'.

A couple of days ago I took an eye examination in the medical station of the bunker because my eyes wouldn't stop bleeding.

Yep.

My eyes were quite literally bleeding.

But the blood was black.

It was black blood.

So I got the examination and excepted my results today.

And honestly, I am quite scared.

"C'mon, I'll go with you. It will only take a second I promise," Tord said.

"Let's go then," I said simply.

Tord and I walked to the medic station, walking past the lab.

I really wanted to know what was in there.

We reached the medical station and I was greeted by physician holding papers in his hands.

"So, we might want to sit down for this one," The physician said.