Matthew

Alright so this chapter was originally going to come out yesterday but all of its writing had disappeared for no fucking reason. I had to rewrite it all. What did I have to rewrite? This:

Tom's POV

A clean, blank, stare.

No matter how much the interrogator yelled.

Matthew never opened up.

After Matt attempted to kill Tord, he was locked up.

And Matt was currently being interrogated by one of the Red Army's most competent interrogators: Blake Norsworthy.

But Blake wasn't able to get anything out of Matt.

Me, Tord, and two other soldiers were in the same room where the interrogation was taking place.

Tears ran down Matt's face but Matt still didn't even flinch, he stayed quiet.

Eventually, the interrogation ended and Matt was sent back to his confinement.

Tord and I were about to leave when the interrogator came up to Tord.

"Red Leader, sir, we will try again tomorrow-" the interrogator said before Tord cut him off.

"No, I've made my decision already," Tord said.

"What do you mean Red Leader sir?" The interrogator asked.

"I'm just going to let him go," Tord said.

I was just as shocked as the interrogator.

"Why would you do that?! What if he tries to-" The interrogator said before being cut off by Tord once again.

"MY DECISION IS FINAL, NOW LEAVE!" Tord yelled violently.

The interrogator left the room along with the other two soldiers, leaving just me and Tord.

"..."

"So you're going to let Matt go?" I asked.

"Yes," Tord said simply.

"If you don't mind me asking, why?" I asked.

"..."

"The way he looked at me, Tom, something about it was... Sad..." Tord said.

"..."

"Alright..." I said.

Tord looked at me with concern.

"Have you gotten any sleep recently, Tom?" Tord asked with concern.

"..."

"Since when did you care?" I asked.

Tord sighed, "keep up that attitude, Tom."

"I was just asking if you were getting any sleep," Tord said, "And don't try lying to me."

"No, Tord. No, I haven't," I said.

Tord cupped my cheek in concern out of nowhere.

Tord quickly let go and we both blushed for a quick moment.

"Sorry," Tord apologized.

"It's okay," I said simply.

"..."

"You look exhausted, Tom, I think it's about time you get some rest," Tord said.

"C'mon, I'll let you sleep in my room, me and Robyn have to go somewhere else over the night anyways," Tord said.

"Okay... Why are you allowing me to sleep in your room?" I asked.

"You need some rest and my room is comfortable, stay the night in there while I'm gone. And tell me if you liked it when I come back, that way I can move you to a better room than the one you have now," Tord explained.