Rabbit

4 months after the last chapter
Red Leader and the Red Army went back to how it used to be, and Tord continued his plan for Utopia

"The South American continent and the Australian continent give the Red Leader the ability to rule over their lands, making Red Leader our king..." The news reporter said.

Tord and I were watching the news, they were making this announcement tonight, and here it was.

"Perhaps..." The news reporter said. "Perhaps Red Leader can be a good leader, a good king..."

"Look at that they're calling you a king!" I exclaimed happily.

Tord looked... Sad

"What's wrong, Tord?" I asked.

"N-Nothing!" Tord said.

"Are you sure?..." I asked. "You know you can always tell me anything?"

"Y-yeah, I'm sure..."

A couple of weeks later

"Wow..." I said in awe. "Now that is cool."

Tord and I stood in front of his throne, he was quite literally a king now.

He surpassed all monarchies and has been given a throne room in his new Red Base, which is now called the Red Arch to the public.

"Well?" I asked. "You gonna sit on it?"

Tord approached his throne in disbelief.

He stood on top of the dais and sat upon his throne.

Fuck yeah, now that looks cool.

But as I examined Tord's face, I saw that he was not happy...

"What's wrong, Tord?" I asked. "You've been like this for the past three weeks..."

"I'm starting to get worried..."

Tord looked down from his throne, clearly sad.

"I failed..." Tord said.

Failed?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Utopia..." Tord answered. "I failed Utopia."

I told myself to stop asking him the same question over and over again, he would never answer.

But I decided to ask it one more time, hoping for an answer.

"What is Utopia?..." I asked. "Please tell me..."

Tord inhaled then exhaled.

"8 billion people currently walk upon the earth," Tord started off.

"And sooner or later this world will only have enough resources for the equivalent of one person only."

"When I was around 17 to 19 years old, I realized this after reading Apollo's Notebook."

"I never knew Apollo," Tord said. "But when I was given his notebook and his research, my view of this world changed..."

"So that's when I created Aipotu 42, a poison strong enough to purge 90% of the world..." Tord explained.

"But I had realized that the antidote would be too hard to make, so I gave up."

"So I made a different project, a serum called JEGLYVER," Tord started.

"JEGLYVER was tested on animals for a while but I needed a human subject," Tord said.

"JEGLYVER created a monster, a monster which couldn't be controlled, and that's when I decided that this would be the solution."

"The solution to overpopulation," Tord said.

"I would create a monster using JEGLYVER and release it onto the world, that's what Utopia is, it is that monster."

"Utopia will be so violent, so out of control that it will kill over 7 billion people, thus purging this world of its overpopulation."

"But Utopia needed a human subject to attach itself to..." Tord said sadly.

"Do you know who will have the greatest impact on this planet?" Tord asked.

"You will. Because you will massacre over 7 billion people."

My hands clasped as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"You," Tord said. "You are Utopia."

I wept silently into a void that was not there, recoiling every so often for a grasp of reality and a gasp of air so that I may repeat.

I felt betrayed.

I felt...

I sprinted out of the throne room, crying, tears falling from my eyes.

2 hours pass
Tord's POV

I headed into a room only I knew was built there.

In the small, dark, claustrophobic room was a small vault.

I opened the vault and there it was...

The last remaining bit of Aipotu 42.

It was in a small canister and inside was the poisonous gas."

On the canister were a button and a tube that is connected to a breathing mask.

I failed Utopia.

I had one last chance and I failed.

I then picked up the canister and placed it in front of me as I closed the door behind me and sat down.

I then put the breathing mask on and hold down the button on the canister.

The button released the poison gas into the tube which could be breathed in through the mask.

A poison strong enough to kill 18 grown men at once, if not treated in the next 48 hours.

But nobody was going to find me by then.

I began to breathe in the gas.

I'm sorry Tom.

Pat's POV

I wailed in agony.

Tears ran down my face constantly as I continued.

I tried not to move, it would only make it worst.

I've never felt such pain.

My cries were so violent, so loud, that my throat started to hurt also.

I continued.

Just a little bit longer.

Pau stood in the corner watching me as I did it.

He began to cry from seeing me in such pain.

"FUCK!" I cried out.

I continued looking into the mirror to make sure I was doing it right.

After so much pain, so much suffering, and so much self-torture, it was over.

I began to calm myself down as I looked in the mirror.

My shirt was on the ground, as I didn't need it for this.

And it looked horrific.

On the flesh of my stomach was the Chinese symbol for Rabbit burnt in by my own doing.

I placed the scorching hot iron rod into the bucket of water.

Pau walked up to me.

"So what's next?" Pau asked. "You're our leader now."

END