The One

Jennifer's P.O.V

I was in the back seat of the Escalade on my way home after the intense rehearsal of the morning, but before finally heading home, we had to pick someone up. In the meantime I texted in the family group.

["I'll be home for lunch soon. Add one more plate. I'm bringing someone with me that I want you to meet."] I texted.

As I sent the text the car stopped and the opposite door to where I was sitting opened. I was so happy to see him and it could be seen on my face, that glowed every time he was around. He scooted in and closed the door.

"Hey." I said holding his hand on the middle seat.

"Hey." He said interlocking our fingers. "I think I'm a bit nervous."

"Don't be. They're gonna love you." I said going for his lips.

"Do they know?" He asked.

"They know someone's coming for lunch... and that's all they know." I laughed. "You'll understand why in a while."

"Okay, now I'm intrigued." He said smiling.

"What about your kids? Do they know?" I asked curious.

"Yes! There will be no surprise for them. I don't regret the spoiler though. Their faces were priceless." He said and I smiled.

I was very excited to meet them.

"You should come before Montana." He said.

"I will." I replied bringing his hand to my face.

I'd swear someone saw us entering my house together but I preferred not finding out. I didn't want it to ruin the moment.

"We're here!" I yelled so they would hear me.

Emme was the first to come and say hi. Max took a little longer but soon he ran out of his room just to freeze a few meters away from us.

"Hey Max, this is-" He wouldn't even let me finish.

"Batman." He whispered with his eyes wide open.

"I told you." I said giving Ben a little nudge. "He's like your biggest fan." I giggled.

"Nice to meet you, Max." Ben said and Max walked closer to shake his hand like a grown up man.

While that happened, our dog introduced himself, playing around Ben's legs.

"And this is Tyson. Who seems very happy to meet you." I said and he bent down to pet him.

"Hey there, Tyson." He said and my heart melted with the scene.

That first encounter couldn't have gone better. We had a really good time all together and I got to introduce him to the kids, which was a big step. Just a few days later, right before the Vax Live performance, I got to meet his kids. It was such a sweet moment and I could see in them all the things I loved about him. I could tell he was a consistent father. And the way he behaved with them was a pleasure to see. He was caring, selfless, loving. He had always been the one.