Too Late

Jennifer's P.O.V

It was a beautiful day in California. It was sunny and warm and taking the kids to Universal was a great idea. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it with all of them the way we had planned, but I was so happy to see Sam spending time with Emme and Max. He was much younger than them and I was kind of worried that it could be a problem for them to bond. Seeing them having fun all together was adorable, and it turned out better than I could've expected.

"Let's go on the Jurassic World ride." Emme said with a wide smile.

"Yeah!" Ben said. "Who's in?" He asked looking at me.

"Let's do it!" I said excitedly.

We queued for a while and got ponchos to protect our clothes. It was a splashy water ride. I must admit I was a little bit nervous as I hadn't done anything like that in so long. But it was fun and we laughed a lot.
After that stop, we walked through Springfield and had lunch at a Simpsons-themed restaurant.
We were having so much fun with the kids, and that's exactly what we wanted before leaving for The Hamptons. I owned a house there that was very useful when I needed to disconnect, when I needed a break. Now it was gonna be perfect for our 4th of July romantic weekend getaway.

"Can we ride again?" Sam asked.

"Of course!" I replied.

"What about a less violent attraction?" Ben said. "I don't want you throwing up all this food."

I denied with my head when Ben wasn't looking my way and Sam laughed. Then he turned around trying to stay serious but failing.

"Let's ride again!" Emme said joining our group.

"Max! Do you wanna try now?" I asked because he hadn't tried the first time.

"Mmm... I'm good." He replied and Ben wrapped his arm around him.

"See? He won't let me alone down here." He said.

Aw, my men. I thought seeing them together.

We couldn't see them from the queue or the attraction but I imagined them waiting for us, sitting on a bench and probably talking about Batman. I was very surprised when I got the first glimpse of them walking toward us among the people. They were wearing Universal matching t-shirts and they looked adorable. Ben was hiding a hand behind his back but the scene was so endearing and I didn't realize until he popped up a bouquet of flowers.

"Aw, baby." My hands went straight to his face to make sure he got the best kiss.

After our lips parted I remained close to him. One of my hands rested on the back of his neck stroking his nape. With my free hand I took the bouquet that melted my heart, because he had combined white lilies with roses, and those were my favorite flowers. Every detail was proof that It had never been too late for us.

"Thank you." I said tenderly before going for another kiss.

"Max helped." He said giving him credit.

"Is that right? Come here." I said opening my arms to get a hug.

We continued to enjoy the rest of the day. The kids walked in front of us while we held hands.