One Love

Jennifer's P.O.V

I opened my eyes slowly, rocked by the pleasant swinging of the yacht on the Mediterranean sea just to find the most handsome man watching me sleep.

"What's the matter? Captain." I said in a sleepy voice.

He leaned in to kiss my forehead and backed out of my sight. Out of curiosity, I sat up still half asleep and found him pulling something out of his bag.

"What is that?" I asked like a curious child curled up in the sheets.

"Happy birthday." He said looking for a kiss while he kept his hand behind his back.

He finally revealed he was holding a small navy blue box. When he handed it to me I looked up at him with an endearing shy smile.

"Open it." He said.

I lifted the lid to find a beautiful golden necklace with his name on it.

"Ben... it's lovely." I said in a soft tone.

I pulled from his shirt to bring him in and steal his breath with the most passionate kiss.

"Do you want me to put it on?" He asked.

"Yes, please." I said putting my hair to the side and exposing my neck.

His lips were faster than his hands, kissing my nape before his fingers caressed my skin trailing the golden chain around my neck.

"It matches your outfit." He joked.

"My naked outfit?" I said laughing.

"Yeah... the one under those covers." He whispered.

"And that one is just for you to see." I whispered back on his lips.

I donned a tight black dress for the night after the yacht docked in Saint-Tropez. He opened the door of the car for me, the one that took us to the L'Opera restaurant. I didn't expect the kind of party he had prepared for me. One of my songs was playing when we crossed the entrance. There were balloons, flare candles and an amazing atmosphere.

"This is our table." He said pointing to the table with the white couch.

A succession of mini shows cheered up our dinner. We chatted and laughed and snuggled and maybe cried a little bit. The biggest moment was yet to come though. A waiter showed up with a cake topped with candles while everyone in that restaurant sang "Happy Birthday".

"Blow the candles with me." I said in his ear.

He moved his lips gesturing okay and wrapped his arm around me.

"One..." I started.

"...two..." He continued.

"...three." We said at the same time and blew the candles.

The sound of applause and cheering was loud but in that moment it was just us.

"Cheers." He said raising his glass. "To the first birthday of the many we'll spend together."

"I love you." I said without looking away one second.

I always used to think that that one love only happened once in a lifetime, and it's true that you can only find it once, but sometimes that same person can save you twice during that lifetime.