Feel The Light

Jennifer's P.O.V

The day started off very normal. I woke up rather late and took a shower. I had breakfast while I used that time to catch up on my emails, and I waited for Ben to pick me up. We made a McDonald's run, parked a few streets from there and had lunch in the car.

"Are you ready for tonight?" He asked.

"I'm so excited knowing you'll be there. And Sam! I was so happy when you told me he was coming too." I answered.

"He was so excited to know he could wear a suit." He laughed.

"Aw I wanna see that." I said in a tender tone. "Emme is joining too this time. I still don't know how I convinced her."

"Many reasons to celebrate." He said holding my hand on my thigh.

"Yeah. It's gonna be great." I said trying to imagine what was coming.

I could feel the light in a very familiar way, the spotlights, the warm sensation when I was under them. I was received on stage with a loud ovation and my eyes were already looking for them in the audience.

"Oh my goodness! Oh my god! Thank you!" I said taking the award. "Thank you LL." It was funny for a second because I had hair in my mouth. "I want to say thank you to iheart because I appreciate this so very much. I wish I could tell you that awards were the most important thing to me, but that's not true." All the things I heard from the audience had me really excited. "And don't think that I don't appreciate the shiny sparkly things because I do. I cannot lie, everybody knows that I do." I joked. "But this isn't why I do this, it's not what matters the most to me." My eyes landed on Ben, Sam and Emme standing in the front row. "I really do it for you guys, I do, and because the love you give me and the appreciation and the kindness and the way you let me into your lives even in a small way, that's what matters to me the most. Because of you I get to do what I love the most in life and that is the most wonderful blessing. That's the gift that you give me and I just want to say thank you for that, thank you." I stopped for a second to hear the cheering that made me feel so supported. "Thank you to everyone who comes to a show, streams my songs, sees a movie, follows me, you guys are the ones who give me the opportunity to live the life I couldn't even imagine would come true when I was a little girl  growing up in the Bronx!" I had to hold back tears. "You did that! You did that for me! You made my dream come true and I'm shaking and I will always be grateful to each and every one of you for that and I will never forget it and I will never, ever take that for granted!" My voice quavered. " I want to say thank you to every one of you for believing in me when other people didn't, even when I didn't. Thank you for teaching me who I really am." I looked at the award one more time. "Icon, I can overcome negativity and so can you, every single one of you. And let me tell you something else, I'm just getting started."

My walk out of the stage only happened after I blew three kisses for the three of them, attending just to support me and making the moment even more special.

Our daily life was very curious, we went from complete normality to craziness and back to normality again. Big events didn't happen every day but they were definitely part of our lives. We liked them, we enjoyed that part of our job too. We always tried to find the best in all the things we did. But our normal life, that was what we enjoyed the most.

We stopped to grab some food before heading to Sam's school to pick him up. We did that very often and there was something I loved about Ben's car, and it was the autopilot. We were in the middle of a long road when he activated that mode. It wasn't the first time we were taking advantage of it. It was just a moment, the car moved on its own, his hands got off the wheel... one thing led to another... nothing indecent for the public eye but very lovely and sweet.