Villain

Jennifer's P.O.V

"What is this exactly?" Ben asked holding a weird vase.

"He brought it from a trip. I never liked it." I said grimacing.

"It's pretty ugly." He said before dropping it and making it shatter on the floor. "Oops. My hands are a bit sweaty."

"Oh my... don't..." My mouth fell open.

I was shocked, looking at him with my mouth still open.

"Sorry." He started to regret.

But suddenly, I couldn't help it and I burst into laughter.

"For a second I really thought you were gonna kill me." He said.

"I'm gonna kill you." I laughed but it didn't last. "Everyone thinks I'm the villain."

"What do you mean?" He asked walking closer.

"Just a few days after the breakup statement someone took a picture of you getting out of the Escalade. It looks too rushed and so they think I'm the one who cheated on him." I explained.

"Im sure no one thinks that." He said pulling me into his embrace. "No one." He kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry about the vase."

"You're not." I chuckled.

"I'm not." He said with a funny serious face.

"I think I'm done with Alex's stuff for now." I sighed.

"You need to distract your mind." He said tickling me to make me laugh.

"I could really work out right now." I suggested.

"Yeah! Let's do it!" He said excitedly as he took me over his shoulder and patted my butt.

We drove to the gym and met our separate trainers there. We were lucky to be alone and our individual workouts were changed to be a part of each other's exercises. A crunch meant getting a kiss from the other, a push-up was rewarded with a sexy slap. For his weight routine he lifted me instead of a barbell, which was really fun. For the rest of our session we were playful, hugged and shared kisses between sets.

One of his hands rested on the glass railing, the other held a cigarette. His thoughts appeared to be lost in the ocean view. His position was relaxed as his mind seemed to flow with the waves, reaching the shore and crawling back into the sea. His muscles shaped the dark shirt he was wearing and his slow breathing could be easily perceived. My hands traveled slowly from his back to his abs and up to lie flat on his chest, hugging him from behind. I felt him inhaling and exhaling as the palm of my hands remained one with his pectorals. My breathing started to imitate his while my chest stuck to his back, moving at the same time as if we had fused into one being. My head lay on his trapezius.

"What are you thinking?" I asked softly.

"How lucky I am that life brought you back." He replied moving his hand from the railing to one of my hands on his chest.

"You fought your way back. You never gave up, even when the situation was telling you there wasn't a place for you here." I said. "Thank you... for not giving up."