Chapter One: The Whisperers

"It is an honor to finally meet you, Dr. Park." The psychologist, Kim Namjoon said, approaching his way. An enthusiastic smile embedded on his generously sculpted lips. A pair of dimples sank into his cheeks like a finger imprint on a hot steamed bun.

He wears a long white clinical coat that drapes all the way to his knees. A pen clipped on the chest pocket of his jacket, and a blue polo underneath, paired with black jeans and black shining shoes. His silky brown hair which almost looked gold sparked under the lights. His hefty steps echoed down the hideously colored white walls hallway.

"Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon, I'm the Behavioral Health Counselor for the clinic. Nice meeting you, Dr. Park," he said as soon as he came on stopped in front of the rather shorter man, stretching out his hand for a handshake. The amiable smile on his face remained in sight.

Dr. Park only realized how tall this man is at the time he stepped his foot across from his. A thin lanky man; head bigger than his body, wears a stupid glasses and a melting nose on his grotesque face. He could be the next slander man. A tall figure standing under the lamppost, featureless, just a black-shaded shadow in the light. The only difference is that he wears white and has a mop of thick hair on his head.

Dr. Park put on a smile, lifting his hand from his side, and brought it took the former's hand, and shook it softly. "Nice meeting you too, Dr. Kim. I'm glad that I finally met you in person. It is also a privilege to be part of this marvelous home," he replied, his voice deep and professional. Painted all low and gravelly.

They let go of each other's hands. Kim Namjoon couldn't stop smiling painfully wide; an eight years old kid gliding on a glistening ice surface freely. He could not still process if it was just a dream or for real. Meeting Park Jimin, the famously known professional psychologist in the whole City of Seoul is already enough to pull the string and squeal out his throat. But getting to work with him, and seeing him every day is more than he expects. He only stood, grinning ear to ear. Dr. Park smiled sheepishly at him, (an obviously fake smile and weird look. Something he does and shows to people he doesn't like—if they're foolish, they'll assume it's still the friendly look they get from strangers.)

Dr. Kim noticed the strange look the other male gave him. He's not stupid to not notice the discomfort that covered Dr. Park like a mosquito in a cobweb. He laughed, and Dr. Park laughed as well. He can't help it. It is something that just needs a reply. Dr. Park does not want Kim to offend, but even a psychological degree graduate could not see the judging look he shams in a smile.

"I apologize if I made you uncomfortable. I did not intend to stare at you in that way. You know, it has always been my dream to meet you and I can't believe that it's finally happening. Look, before I am just wishing to see you, but today, we're working together. We'll be working together," he stated, rambling every syllable like a kid who's excitedly telling his mother about his first day in school.

Dr. Park could not help but giggle. What else can he say after those long paragraphs that this man just chewed in his mouth?

"It's okay. I understand."

"Oh," Dr. Kim immediately stood up, fixing his posture, hands clasped in front of his genitals. "Let me show you around, shall we?" He politely asked, waving his hand in the air towards the mysterious end of the hallway. Dr. Park beamed and nodded his head, "sure." He fixed his jacket and they strolled down the hall.

___

Dr. Kim is a proficient psychologist. The way he speaks as he shows Dr. Park around the building and move his hands, making gestures as he talks. The way he speaks is different from the standard dialect Korean people used, rather slower and more drawn out (something that caught Dr. Park's attention and deduced that he grew up in a province). He also speaks politely and has a smile that never leaves his face.