Chapter 3: The Start Of Chaos

The days passed, and the time was ticking close. No one foresaw the minatory storm approaching right under their eyes. The crawling monsters that live in them, were about to dominate their greedy souls and face their committed sins. Now that they are trapped in the cage of their hallow minds, baffled and petrified, skidding through the falls to the wide-open mouth of the beast beneath the ground.

____

"Hmm..." Dr. Park moaned, his face squeezed in pain and fright. Fingertips curled tightly, and his chest was moving unnaturally. "No, please stop..." He whispered to his sleep, his breathing now picked up roughly.

"Dr. Park, please help me!!" The pale boy's crying voice begged for his attention, but the young doctor only stared with his wide eyes flaring with terror at the disturbing tremendous hairs shrouding the poor man's body like a snake. Dr. Park couldn't move, not even a single nerve in his body, he was immobilized in fear.

"Dr. Park, I'm scared. Please help me..." The weak and pleading voice of the young boy was all he heard. He was nailed to the ground as if he was carrying a giant rock that was pinning him down under the 24.79 m/s² gravity.

"DR. PARK!!!" A blood-curdling scream filled his eardrums and he watched Yoongi get dragged out into the unseeable darkness.

"NO!!!" He jerked off his bed, his nightgown drenched with sweats. Dr. Park breathes heavily, the heat running throughout his body. It was 22°F outside, but the high temperature inside his room was unbearable. He looks around his room, the fear and terror he felt in his nightmare were still there. He looked confused for a moment, then, with the image of horror melting in his vision— he laughed. He laughed creepily, the way a lunatic would do. It was ridiculous and hilariously weird, it sounds like a lamb choking on stone.

"That was stupid, Jimin. Seriously, stupid..." He told himself, wiping the sleep from his eyes whilst smiling bitterly. "Who's scared of monsters? I ain't scared of monsters," he remarks, shrugging his shoulders a bit. He took a deep breath in and gingerly got out of his bed, feeling a thirst for one gallon of cold water.

He starts making his way to the kitchen. His footsteps left behind the dark. Dr. Park took a glass and poured the water into it, gulping a big amount to wet his dry as-ice mouth.

As he stood in the kitchen, he thought he saw something moving about the dark. His arms explode into goosebumps, as his instinct tells him someone is watching him. Suddenly, a sound of a cristal vase falling into the ground was heard, startling the sleepy soul in him and he caught a glimpse of a black figure dashing out of his vision.

Dr. Park slowly puts the glass down on the table and walks leisurely to the living room. "Who's there?" His deep voice rang throughout the house. "I know you're there, stop playing!" He growled, his eyebrows furrowed in an askew. He squints his eyes, trying to see the person in the void space (if it was even called a ‘person’.)

He felt a strong blow of wind scrapping his nape and a sound of footsteps running down the hall. Dr. Park quickly turns around to see no one but his shadow. "Quit it, if you're trying to scare me — well then, good luck to you. I'm not scared of you anymore. You're not even real... Are you?" He said bravely, whispering the last part. His gaze dropped onto the ground, hesitating whether he was doing right or he was densely putting himself to death.

"Sure, you are not." A strange unearthly voice of a man spoke, gaining his attention. And as he lifted his eyes from the ground, he was met with round blood-shot eyes boring on his own. "Who are you? And how did you get in? What do you want from me?" He bombarded, but the unknown only chuckled at him. Not in an amusing way, rather than predatory.

"It doesn't matter... What matter is...that young boy die!!!" He snarled, his eyes burning in flames. Dr. Park could feel himself raging in anger, and he shouted madly with a strident voice, "YOU CAN'T GET HIM! I'LL KILL YOU FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN LAND A FINGER ON HIM! YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

The devil laughed ungodlily, as though he watched the rat fighting with a lion. An absolute fatuous and idiotic scene in which his tiny bones tried to push the wild beast, but not even his small body could push the lion's clawed paw. "I am amazed by your bravery, Park. But that love you have for that boy will put you in your grave," he declared in a low, threatening tone and slowly vanished into thin air.

****

"Dr. Park, wake up!" Dr. Park unfold the veil from his eyes, he stared blankly at Dr. Kim's annoyed and disappointed look. His mind was still numb to realize the situation at the moment.

"What are you doing?" The older man hissed at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked back confused. Dr. Kim rolled his eyes and looked toward the patient's bed. Dr. Park followed his gaze and there he saw, the beautiful lad curled into a fluffball.

"Uh, I've fallen asleep. I-i didn't realize it." He scratched the back of his ears.

"Why would you even fall asleep in a patient's solitary cell?" Dr. Kim provoked, his tone speaking in obvious peeve of the younger obscurity and ignorance.

"It was not my intention. I was about to go home when I heard screaming. I got curious so I followed the noise and then I found Yoongi just having a nightmare. I wasn't supposed to stay, but he was scared and begged me to stay—"

Dr. Kim cuts him off, "so you stayed, sleep here, ignoring the fact that he could kill you while you are asleep." Dr. Park was quietened by that. He was too focused on worrying about Yoongi that, that thing never cross his mind.

"I... I'm sorry, I didn't think of that."

"Well, yeah, of course..." Dr. Kim replied sarcastically.

"Come here." He pulled the latter and dragged him outside. They stopped and he looked at him intently in the eyes. "Park, can you be honest with me for once?" Dr. Kim asked, his tone pleading and screaming ‘please’. The younger only nodded meekly in response.

"Do you like him?" They stood in silence after that question was released from his tongue. Dr. Park only stared at his feet, as if it is the most precious thing in the world. He couldn't stare directly at the older, he wouldn't. He knows for sure, to himself, that he has something... feeling for that young boy. If it can be called 'love', then absolutely the answer speaks an obvious truth.

"Okay, that's a yes for me."

"But Park, he's a psycho!" Dr. Kim exclaimed.

Dr. Park clenched his fist and glared fiercely at the former. "He's not a psycho!" He defended. "Yoongi is just a victim, our help is all he needs! It's a shame on you to be even called a psychologist for calling your patient like that!" He burst into anger.

"Even if you turn the world upside down, Park, it's the truth!" Disputed, Dr. Kim. "That love, that love you're feeling for that boy will kill you!"

"Oh, then I'll dig my grave," Dr. Park retorted.

Frustrated, the young doctor walks away, sparing no glance back.