III

"Kim Taehyung..." A soft and calm voice called his name. Taehyung gruntled under his breath, he was unable to open his eyes thus his eyelids are like scales of lead.

"Kim Taehyung..." A sharp pain called to a familiar sensation in his body. He was battling between his subconscious mind and conscious soul. He couldn't tell exactly if he was dreaming, but the voice calling his name sounded close-so close that if only he'd walked farther down the passage, maybe he could find him—the owner of that euphonic voice. Hence, he will be able to escape from these interminable white halls.

"Kim Taehyung..."

Taehyung finally opened his eyes, and as he unfolds them, a blinding light from the ceiling strikes him right to his vision, causing him to blink multiple times. As he adjusted to the light, two unfamiliar faces were staring at him with both unsettling and concerned eyes. "Hey, you're awake! How are you feeling?" A handsome man with a soft hazel gaze asked.

Kim Taehyung slowly sat up straight. He was not merely awakened, but detonated out of an uncommonly long and repetitive dream. His clueless face reflected with a lost look in his doltish eyes in a situation he is not familiar with. "I'm fine..." He replied weakly, more like a whisper.

His hand vacuously reaches to his neck. A sudden flash of burn caused him to moan in agony. Only then did he remember what happened four hours ago. The drip of blood from his deadly fangs executed him to his head. Taehyung could not help to shudder as a recollection of horrifying images oscillated in his vision. The time he almost dies in the hand of that possessed man; that'll forever gash in his memory lane.

"How about your wound? Does it still hurt?" The same man asked again.

"It'll be better..."

Dr. Kim snickered. "I told you, he wouldn't make it," he remarked. Seokjin hits him by his elbow to shut him up. Taehyung's expression changes at Kim's word. His eyes hardened and narrowed into slits as he falls to the conclusion of the man letting him die inside that hellish cell.

His face contorted in rage. He slowly looks up and glares fiercely at the older. "You know this was going to happen, don't you?"

Seokjin shifted his eyes to the man behind him, with a questioning look, he asked, "Dr. Kim? What is he talking about?"

"You know this was going to happen so you just watch me enter that room, wait until there are just bones left in me!" Taehyung continued to talk, his voice was setting raucous as he chewed with his emotions cramping his chest. Dr. Kim looks away, feeling ashamed to look into the younger's eyes, not because of mortification but his admission to guilt. However, for a second thought, he did only his part as he oaths Yoongi.

He poked his tongue into his cheek. "I just wanna see how it goes." Taehyung's nostrils flared as he stared at Dr. Kim in disbelief. His consciousness fused as his sight fumed with the blazing wrath boiling inside him.

"You son of a bitch..." He gritted through his teeth.

"I COULD HAVE DIED THERE BECAUSE OF YOUR INCONSIDERATE ACTION YOU FUCKING EGOCENTRIC HAWK!!!" Taehyung screamed indignantly, pointing at him as he burst into drastic resentment.

He could scarcely control himself to throw a punch at his hard goatish face, but considering Dr. Kim's position is still higher than his and he could lose his job with a single stupid mistake. If he was far savage, then Kim might have been curling on the ground already, unable to move and with a broken face.

"Dr. Kim? What? You know about this, and yet... you did nothing?" Seokjin was mad. His face grayed out in disappointment. He waits for an explanation but the other just remains sealed and seemed unbothered at all.