III

The security area crumpled down in unceasing silence. Awkwardness lingered about as though they watch the foolish clown dance in front of an ongoing funeral. The displeasing heavy breathing ambient through the ears of two young men, as their gaze fixed on the screen of the security camera in the cell of Patient 666.

They heard the conversation and saw the annoyed and disgusted look written on the latter's face, as the madman tells the gruesome description of the future he surmised, while he sniggered like a psycho.

"Do you think he can last long?" Asked the CCTV operator, Jung Hoseok. Dr. Kim was quiet for a moment before he answered, "I don't know, no one's last with Min Yoongi's behavior. They either give up themselves, or Min Yoongi makes them give up by resting them straight to heaven."

Later on that very hour, they heard swift but heavy far-off gigantic footsteps echoing down the dejected hallway, and the door to the security burst open, gaining their attention. Dr. Park emerged from there and walked toward the other males. Cold and earnest look burned about on his own.

"Dr. Park, are you okay?" Dr. Kim asked worriedly. Dr. Park gave out a wry, mirthless chuckle. "Of course, what do you think of me? A sensitive ass who cries with a simple crazed man's word?" Dr. Kim looked down to his feet, avoiding the building embarrassment seething within him.

"I am a psychologist. I have been in this field for five years and heard something threatening more than that. We're talking to mentally-ill people almost every day, and we're used to the nasty stuff they hurled at us to scare us away. It's just a ridiculous threat from a crazed kid," Dr. Park stated, crooking a trifling smirk on his ripe berry lips.

Dr. Kim snickered and nodded his head. "You're right, yeah… that's very… true. They just now become our inspirational quote… ha— ahaha!" That came out awkward and dreary. Dr. Kim's face contorted in a grimace.

"By the way." He glided his tongue about his lip and took a step forward. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" Asks Dr. Park, sparing short glances at the CCTV operator inside the room with them. Dr. Kim understands what he was trying to emphasize and bobbed his head. They walked out of the security room and stood in a huddle outside.

"So…" Dr. Kim pushed his glasses up and shoved his hands inside the pocket of his jacket, waiting for the former to start.

"About the article, you mentioned to us last time — do you still remember the name of the website you read it from?" Dr. Park asked, his voice tangled with intent and forlorn hopes. Dr. Kim's eyebrows narrowed, humming as he tried to recall the name of the website — however, his mind was all hazy and the image seemed blurred and mangled.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry, Dr. Park, but I forgot. It was from five years ago if I could remember, and there is no official statement that proves it's legitimate. It's just a theory from someone… a person…" Dr. Park sighed in disappointment. Kim heard it and a queer look gathered on his face.

He fixed his posture, straining his throat. "Are you reviewing this case again?" He asked curiously but Dr. Park is apparently disinclined to answer. Dr. Kim, however, gets the simplest expression and reckons the interest of the former in the back story of his peculiar patient.

"Is this about what Min Yoongi said to you that you're suddenly interested in it—"

"No! I… I just feel that something is not right in here… something — something is—" Dr. Park hissed in annoyance, striving for a better word to describe it as he doesn't want to appear pathetic in front of his colleague. But as he reached further, doubts, realizations, and opinions drew him closer and closer and he breaks into the apotheosis of frustration. He was not blind — and he doesn't want to stagger down into the complete blackness of lies and deceitfulness.

"He's possessed?" The deep toneless voice spoke and he slowly lifted his head to see that Dr. Kim's gaze was now transfixed on his own.

Dr. Park made no reply. He stared an earnest look at the man that stood across him. The answer reveals itself under the uncanny sands, a burning bird on the gravel road. The mystery whispers through the chilly breeze, uncovering in the deaf sound of a mute owl.

Dr. Park walked past him without saying a word. Dr. Kim watched his back as he gets further out of his reach, and he vanished into the long arcane hall.