VI

The day after the event, the head doctors in the hospital were disturbed at the news that landed in the morning, as though irrational tiny spiders crawling out of your flesh. However, for some, it is not something new — while the others that witnessed the unnerving pool of blood smug the white mattress like a crime scene could not help to quiver to their nerves.

A clinical doctor was later called to check the deep wound of Patient 666. Fortunately, nothing was found serious and the bite wound was quickly disinfected and bandaged.

Dr. Park got out of his car, and as he stepped his foot onto the ground, two other psychologists came scampering to the front glass door. The depressed look on their faces speaks volumes as though they are terrified.

He gave them a weird and rather contemptuous look and approached them. Dr. Park jingles the keys in his hand before tossing them inside his pocket. His forehead wrinkled in lines as he stared at the two men, one taller and the other wearing nerdy glasses. Iris twitching, fake grins slit awkwardly. "Is... something's wrong?" He asked, calmly. Staring back at the uncomfortable trembling eyes of the brown-haired man.

They exchanges look, nagging each other by the elbow secretly as they argue who's the one to speak. Dr. Park was confused at the sudden behavior, so he waited for more for them to speak. "Min Yoongi..." At hearing his patient's name, the doctor was alarmed and immediately stood up straight, looking at the male intently.

"He... eat himself-"

"No, he bit ... himself..." Dr. Kim (Seokjin) emphasized, and the other Kim nodded, and added, "yeah, and eat..."

And before they knew it, Dr. Park had rushed inside, running with long big steps as though he humped on stepping stones in the sea of scalding lava.

As the door to the solitary cell become bigger and bigger to his sight, Dr. Park could not help to get worried, and he could hear the fast beating of his heart audibly in his ears. Imagining the gut-churning thoughts orbits his mind, and horror slowly engulfs his vision. He was not worried for no any deep reason, 'I was only worried because I am his doctor, and he was my patient. That makes him my responsibility,' he told himself, highlighting the remark against the opposite truth whispering to his ears.

He reigned at the door, breathing heavily as though he ran for a ten-kilometer race.

There sat the injured man, sidesaddle, on the small white bed, enough only for one person to curl down the hard flatted surface. His face was stoic and held no hint of emotion. His left arm was wrapped with a roller bandage, blood reflecting through the thin sheet as the bandage absorbed the ichor.

The doctor picked up the clinical stuff and put them back in his small aid kit. As he was just about to turn around to leave, he noticed the young man standing at the door, silently observing them with his captivating dark-brown eyes. He flashed a smile and approached him, he was almost half of his age, pretty young if he tells.

"I've cleaned and disinfected his wound, there's nothing really to be worried about, luckily. The bite was big. If you notice something's serious, or if he catches a fever and any symptoms of infection, just call me or better bring him to the hospital," the doctor said and Dr. Park nodded and thanked him before he left.

He looks up from the ground and brought his gaze to the pale boy, sitting still and motionless. Min Yoongi seemed to be paralyzed, as dead as the doornail as his gaze stuck dazed onto his lap. Confusion wisping around the darkroom, appearing brood and unfathomable.

The doctor's heels clicked across the concrete floor as he walked toward the boy. And Min Yoongi felt someone sit beside him. The mattress giving under the person's weight.