Chapter 4: Terrors Of The Night

Yoongi struggles to breathe. His head was pounding. He couldn't stop scratching himself and pulling on his gown aggressively. His body feels odd.

The temperature is paradoxically febrile. Yoongi feels as if he's sitting on a steamer and standing naked outside in a middle of a snowstorm.

He backs and forth, doesn't know what to do. His mind told him to run, run away from the awful feeling coating him-if he could, he would jump out the window of a 4th-floor building. But he's sealed in an empty box and has no ability to move. Yoongi moaned, his body tensed up in cold; frigidity piercing his nerves like a thousand spikes.

The thought of the pain and needles nibbling down his bones seems to suck all the air from his lungs until he's fighting to breathe. His arms began to bleed and his nails were covered in blood. He uncontrollably continues to dig his nails into his flesh. His skin started to burn and sting. It hurts, he just wants it to stop.

The pain slowly ceases and he couldn't feel anything but the pleasing sensation his fingers create on his skin. Never mind, it feels good and he now couldn't stop doing it. It's pleasurable and he ought to feel more. Yoongi feels desperation like a living thing in his chest, devouring all sense. His nails went deeper into his skin, clawing faster and faster as though his hands are moving on their own.

'Hey Yoongi, don't you think Dr. Park is getting ahead of our plan?'

The masculine voice asked. Yoongi could sense the evil smirk on his face spreading terribly wide, and he knew he means no good.

"What are you talking about? I don't know what you're saying," he denied. His breathing gets louder, coming in short gasps as an agonizing pain lashes across his lower back.

'Of course, you know. We'll kill them all and burn them to the fire....no, we'll throw them into the fire alive and watch them scream in agony. That sounds exciting, don't you think?'

The voice says, tittering at the end of his tongue. Yoongi's eyebrows collided, and he shook his head, refuting the wicked idea of the whispering devil.

"No, shut up! You're not going to hurt my friends!!" He screamed angrily, but he was interrupted by a corrosive pain ripping through his chest like a stone was being forcefully pushed out his rib, causing his voice to sear up his throat and he cries in affliction.

'You're calling them your friends? The voice laughed sarcastically. They don't even see you as one.'

'Come to face it, Yoongi, you're just a toy for their stupid experiments. They don't really see you as their friend. Dr. Park hates you, can't you see? He's always annoyed seeing your hideous face. He doesn't like you that's why he left you. We... We are your friends, Yoongi, not them.'

"No! You're lying!" He forced the voice away again. It was growing insistent, slowly creeping up in the back of his head until--

'Yes, I'm telling the truth, Yoongi. That's why they deserve to die. We need no fake people in our life.'

'I'm going to kill them. And you're going to watch.'

"You're not real," Yoongi moaned.

'Is that what you really believe?'

The pain was overwhelming. It was hard to concentrate on anything. Darkness was closing in at the edge of his vision. A spreading tide of black that would mean the end of him, as well as everyone's lives.

'Here I come, Yoongi.' The voice giggled.

Growing darker.
Darker.
Dark.

____

Seokjin gasped at the horror in front of his eyes. The headless body of a man lay like a stone in a pound of dark murky blood. The gore was pouring out of his open neck interminably. A crawling feeling of disgust struck him in the stomach. Seokjin looked away immediately. He couldn't hold staring at it. It makes him feel sick.

He lifts his gaze and his breathing hitched. "Jesus Christ," he whispered under his breath.

He couldn't believe what his eyes are seeing. Seokjin's feet were nailed to the ground where he stood, watching the body of the young boy levitating in the air. His head and arms draping loosely as though he's asleep. He could pretend this is all just a dream, but the miserable cries of the patients-a broken, tearing sound that scrapes inside his head are telling that this is beyond a mere dream.

His eyes slink leisurely to the object below his feet. His throat tightened and his eyes began to sting. Dr. Kim's decapitated head sat at the center of a star (a demonic semble drawn on the ground) as though an offering. His opened black heavy eyes filled with pain seem to stare very still at him as if begging for help.

Seokjin's heart tugs at the sight of it. The deep pain of anger and anguish bored into him, emotions suck like a beast living inside his chest eating him whole. His legs went gooey and he served no strength. His sight dimmed and tears render his vision out of focus. He chewed on his lips, fighting with the pain tearing him apart. But he failed to stop the tears from letting themselves fall in an unbroken stream.

He fell useless to his knees as gut-wrenching sobs unleashed themselves past his tremulous lips. His heart-breaking wails echoed incessantly down the leaden halls, screaming for his best friend's name.

****
Oh, I killed Namjoon. How sad😩.

I'm sorry, it was an accident. I was so absorbed with my imagination that I didn't notice my fingers flicking the life out of him. My bad:(