VIII

Dr. Park was rigid, unable to register his senses as his nerves tightened by the small hand clutching his chest. For a short moment, he was frozen stiff, as though the world stopped revolving around the sun and all he could feel was the heavyweight on his chest.

He gobbled. He could feel his heart thumping fiercely against his rib, wishing to the little mercy left on lord that the latter won't hear it. ‘What is this?’ He thought, looking down slightly at the small boy, who had now snuggled closer to him as an undefiled cat curled into a fluff ball. Dr. Park gazed dotingly at his almost pale skin, his wet eyelids sparked outstandingly with tears. They were long and feminine, and his doll-like lips shone daintily. ‘You're... so pretty, Yoongi. Only if they can see that gorgeous side of yours, I will turn against everyone to depute you're not evil as they say. On the contrary, a living angel.’

Min Yoongi looked ethereal. It is almost hard to believe that he is human. He can't just be it, his beauty tells otherwise. Dr. Park can't help to wonder why he's feared by many. Yes, he is sparkled with all the descriptions declaring why people must be careful of him. He's a little devil, indeed. But this little devil does nasty shits to him that twirled him into his emotions like that tornado swept his consciousness, and just like that, he forgot he was once called the devil's fruit.

He's sweet but deadly, yet he's ready to take the risk in a title for this man.

Faint sniffs broke into his ears like hands tugging him back down to the ground. Dr. Park immediately sailed his arms around Yoongi's tiny body in action to comfort him.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm here," he coaxed, rubbing his palm against Yoongi's back gently to where the lad found quite comforting. He leaned to his touch, calming a bit, however, the second the memory darts his mind, his eyes yet again welled up in tears.

"T-they... They're coming for me. They're going to take me. They have my mother, and they're going for me next," Yoongi whimpered. Dr. Park hugged him tighter, making a resilient sound to soothe him. "It was in the contract—" Dr. Park's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What contract?"

Min Yoongi suddenly sat in silence. "Yoongi, what contract? Tell me what you know," Dr. Park demands. Yoongi keeps still in declination, unwilling to tell what he had witnessed in that dream. He trusts Dr. Park, but that trust does not have him whole to tell everything to him. He does not have the guts to tell. He's afraid that they'll come for him too if he tells him. He can't afford to get someone's life in danger for his ineluctable fate. Specifically Dr. Park.

"I-it's nothing," Yoongi insisted and abruptly turned away from the young doctor. Dr. Park does not want to force him so he limits himself by not asking more questions. Suddenly, a small glint flits his vision, he fixed his gaze on Yoongi and saw something on his nape. It is a mark, a birthmark of an eye set within a triangle, and overhead a number twenty-three. The eye of providence and murder.

Dr. Park felt his arms break into goosebumps. He felt troubled looking at the scar on Yoongi's skin. He was filled with terror. The eye seemed to stare back at him, engulfing him with dark thoughts.

"Dr. Park, can you stay with me? I won't hurt you, I promise… just please… stay with me..." Yoongi begged and looked at him with pleading eyes. Dr. Park nodded his head subconsciously, looking into the thin air in a daze.

Yoongi flashed a small smile and lay back on his bed. He closed his eyes and fell almost so quickly into a dreamless slumber.

The night went on with Dr. Park sitting in the corner, watching the latter as he sleeps in his bed.