3. Theoretically speaking, You fear Truth.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

Not too long after that meeting did I encounter Alhaitham once more. The first time we met was perhaps a scene that was recreated from a general love story, where the male protagonist bumps into the female protagonist and catches her then so makes the atmosphere feel as if he saved her life.

The way the male protagonist catches her would also be as dramatic and serious, like she was about to fall into a pit of chemicals or lava. The best that would happen is, she'd fall on her back and have a slightly injured muscles for a few days which would definitely hurt but would reduce the chances of getting an over dramatic scene, especially in the public.

Now why am I speaking about love stories here? Because that's what certain bunch of people believed at Port Ormos. 

"Oh the girl with [H/c] hair nearly slipped down on her back but a charming young man with emerald eyes and golden pupils, with silver free hair caught her in his arms, the young girl's face was a few meters apart from his as they both slowly fell in love with each other! " Quoted a storyteller who witnessed this.  

My first reaction. I spat out my entire morning coffee that I was enjoying. I clearly knew who was being spoken of when I was walking by in Port Ormos. I also had a loss of 300 mora all because of that one rumor. 

After a few hours, I reached Sumeru City. The journey back and forth to the port and the city was almost tiring but once I was done resting, I straight up went to Akademiya to present my theory before some sages along with the presence of the Haravatat Darshan.

Haravatat Darshan. They were the experts in decoding things along with the Vahumana Darshan.  Anything that the Vahumana Darshan did was always accompanied by the Haravatat Darshan. Entering the huge room like council, I was met with a lot of sages. 

Suddenly I felt a shiver past my spine. 

'Stage fright.'

 Yep. I was afraid from all the looks everyone gave at the same time, felt almost like they were expecting something great from me and there begins my phase-2 of madness;

'Negative thoughts like, "Would they like the theory?, Is this logical? I should back off..." ' 

I left a deep exhale and walked towards the one desk that was put at the front, facing the entire room. I placed my notes down and stood there. 

"So...May I—" 

BAM!

Somebody entered the council, barging in quickly that they slammed the door against the wall.

"My apologies. I faced with a little issues while returning back from Port Ormos." The silver haired man said as he entered the room, slightly panting. He gave me a slight glance.

"Ah Alhaitham, here you are.. We were just wondering about you..glad you made it here on time...." One of the sages from Haravatat Darshan said.

I was still staring at what happened. That's when realization hit that it was the same 'male protagonist' that I met from Port Ormos. 

"You must be Y/n, right?" He asked as he took a seat down. It snapped me out from my thoughts. "Please continue with what you have to present." He calmly said.

Actually for the first thought, he was good looking for a man. Perhaps charming was the right word to describe him. 

Boy, was I wrong.

Not even whole twenty minutes in and he already began a heated argument against me, stating that my theory was 'Illogical' from a lot of views. After a while more he excused himself out telling that he had some other work to attend which required his dire attention.

After my lecture, many sages did appreciate me and even sages from Haravatat Darshan apologized to me for Alhaitham's behavior. I thought it would get over here but, sadly no. The next theory sessions, all had Alhaitham's presence and some heated arguments too. 

"Your theory seems too illogical Y/n. If we were to think more broader, there are many other possibilities for this ancient civilization. Just for them to vanish in one desert sandstorm is rather a myth." He stated.

I slammed my hands on the desk. "Enough. If you cannot face the truth Mr. Alhaitham, I suggest you stop attending my theory sessions. We have plenty sages who can Discern about whether or not my theory is logical." 

He got up from his seat and began telling that,
"Very well then, the sages shall make a judgement." He said as he walked away.

I only stared at him walking away.

It was already late night. I was still at my chambers in Akademiya's building, fiddling with my pen. Something felt off.

Was it perhaps my anger?

Or was it just my hatred towards Alhaitham....

I didn't know.  

Over the past few weeks, I was being heavily regarded in the most highest respect despite the things Alhaitham objects for my Theory. I didn't know if I was supposed to be happy or disappointed.

It was just a matter of one person disliking it against another twenty to fifty people of top ranks agreeing to it, why did it pester me so much. I decided to get my thoughts off by reading some documents till an official came inside my room.

"Y/n! You need to get to the hospital as soon as possible! Your mother was found unconscious, suffering from Eleazar near Gandharva Ville. From what I've heard, she lost control of herself and killed the other person travelling with her! Tighnari managed to suppress her but he said that she needed intensive care at Sumeru City. " 

The pen I held fell out from my hands. 

It took me a moment to realize. Despite whatever I told her, I quickly hurried towards the hospital, where I found her unconscious. 

I stood from outside the room and looked at her. The fear of being left alone was over me.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/n : I swear the hungry behavior you all posses for this man is funny to watch 😀

okay but I'll warn you that this book is not going to be fun at all, so fluff wanters *opens door* but hey trust me if things go down the hill soon......