10. A New Ray Of Hope.

!NOTE! : Mentions of death

༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

Alhaitham's POV: 

To me, my academic knowledge meant everything.

My life and my existence as a scribe at the Akademiya was only to prove those who disregarded me and considered that I shouldn't have existed.

"Ha your parents died way long ago! How do you think you'll manage by yourself."

"Oh god, this boy is truly a lunatic just like his parents."

"I'm surprised that he still has the will to survive! He should just end up like his parents!"

"Poor boy thinks he'll make it to the great Akademiya as a scholar when he can barely make one whole meal for himself!"

Those who were supposed to help me and raise me as per my parent's wishes all turned a back on me when they inherited the wealth they so desired. All of them were unfaithful scums.

To them, I was just something they could care less of. A speck of dust in their sparkling dune of wealth. A hindrance from obtaining what they really wanted. The way they could only obtain such a huge amount of wealth would be by killing me off.

When I overheard their plot to kill me, I ran away far off from that house in fear. I kept running on and on in the never ending rain. Just so I could one day show them what I really could do. My heart stung due to the betrayal my own family did to me. It was no different from a thousand blades stabbing your wound. 

I slipped and fell down, injuring my knees. As a child, I should have cried which I did but upon seeing my own reflection at the pool of water, I only wanted to change. I didn't want to be who I was once.

That naive side of mine died off that day. I no longer had the will to just live up for the sake of wealth or money, Rather I wanted them to fear my identity. I wanted them to regret. I wanted them to feel the very same pain I went through. 

A person dies a lot of times throughout their lifetime before actually facing death.

Alhaitham, the heir to inherit the massive wealth was dead ever since that day. 

My first death.

Not so long after, An old lady found me. She was perhaps the second person in my life who had ever shown some kindness to me after my parents. She pitied me, saw me through like her own son but strangely, she also had no reason to care for someone else's child. Nevertheless, she took me in and taught me. She gave me the knowledge I yearned for. 

With years I kept improving and studying. The old lady who had taken me in took care of many orphaned children, giving them a chance with knowledge. It was then that I truly saw what a kind woman she was. She gave those children and me a hope.

At last my arduous journey had come to an end. I had made it into Akademiya. The place that would settle my fate. The place that I've reached would indicate how much I had achieved. 

To a scholar his knowledge was everything.

To me, my knowledge is everything. My revenge, my anger, my strategy and my ego. Everything.

But Alas, not all stories have a good ending. Mine certainly didn't. The one who had truly raised me to become the scribe and scholar I am today had succumbed to the effects of time. Truly devastated I was but nothing can be compared to the grief of those children whom she had taken in.

Their hope. Their glimmer. Everything seemed to have dulled. They mourned her death more than I did and moreover I couldn't have helped them in any way as my job at Akademiya would retain me from doing so.

After all those events, I never expected to see the very same hope in someone else. The very someone else went through a lot of hardships to keep her family together yet she couldn't do it but she gave those children a hope. A hope to survive off knowledge.

It was perhaps the third time in my life that I've seen someone who cares about others. Someone who would replicate the very same old woman's loving attitude to take care of others who aren't even related to her.

...and it was the first time I had a good feeling about someone. Specifically an unknown feeling towards you. 

Soon with the anonymous money I had sent, you finally reached somewhere. Though your path was filled with tragedy and sadness, you never stopped. You kept marching on and on. 

Just...what are you really? Every time I compare myself to you I cannot help but feel like....I'm nothing before you. I admire your strength and mental capacity. Everything about you. Perhaps, this one time, I'll let go of my pride. 

I'm really a speck of dust before you. A selfish fool who couldn't repay the kindness what that old lady had given me for so long. I feel like a complete numskull as I tested you unnecessarily, despite knowing you were far capable. 

But after all this, I again realize, you and that old lady are no different. Almost as if she reincarnated into you like a miracle and the fate that we ran into each other. Just why are you both so kind and genuine? Both of your families hurt you to a point that it was unbearable yet you two kept smiling on and on. 

This time you gave me hope. 

You gave me hope to do something that I couldn't do earlier due to my preoccupied state of mind. When the old lady who had taken me in was alive, I didn't have the time to spend time with her or take care of her. I never saw much of a real smile or happiness within her.

Deep within me, I always wanted to one day return her back the kindness tenfold....an unfinished symphony of mine. Now that I've gotten a chance to finish it, I want to do it.

I want to cherish you and make you place more value within yourself.

I want to see you happy everyday. I don't want to see pain or trauma in you. 

Even in the moments you were crying, each second stung me. But now, I see you again back to yourself, strong and bold with a much stronger will. My reasons to protect you throughout this mission has significantly increased.

I have started showing affections for you, Y/n. 

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

END

a/n: None of the information given in the story is from in-game, I don't know Alhaitham's past or struggles he went through so it's completely written by my own imagination for the sake of the plot. Don't go saying "oh this is not what happened" when you read this after Alhaitham is out playable.

Thank you for the 9.5K Reads! <3