15. A Bloody Mystery.

A/N : MENTIONS OF BLOOD

༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"ALHAITHAM!" You shout out his name for the nth time today as you were searching for the man along with Kaveh for almost five hours now.

Kaveh was also screaming Alhaitham's name out in random nicknames that you chose not to question.

The grove was vast and the weather didn't seem good either. It was cloudy ever since the early hours. Drizzles of rain kept occurring every few minutes and hours. 

 You didn't have a proper sleep either thanks to Kaveh's question yesterday but thankfully you were able to bring yourself back to senses. You chose to avoid such feelings for a scholar who is widely known for his rational behavior.

It would have simply been better to not have any feelings for him than getting rejected by him then get laughed at for the rest of your life. With this thought you finally got yourself to sleep for two hours until it was dawn and you had to leave along with Kaveh to find the Alhaitham.

"Where did that idiot go off to..." Kaveh muttered beneath his breath almost losing his voice due to the fact that he has been shouting along with you as well.

"He can't be far either...this place is too vast for the two of us to find him.."

"Shall we split and try finding him? We'll search nearby places and rendezvous here. If one of us don't return in the next thirty minutes, we'll look out for each other." Kaveh suggested while you were drinking water.

"Sounds fair...Take care." You said as Kaveh walked away to another direction. 

Something made you feel uneasy. Since morning an unknown worry was all over you. Especially when it was becoming clear each moment that Alhaitham wasn't around.

He should be okay. 

That was something that you tried engraving into your mind but his sudden disappearance wasn't making you feel any good. He wasn't a man who would throw official akademiya duties away to spend his time.

Unless he decided to do it his way. Leaving you behind. 

.

.

Walking through the thick forest of trees, you keep shouting and calling for Alhaitham's name but each time you did so, only your voice echoed back. It gave you the shivers every single time as the atmosphere got eerie the further you moved in.

"Alhaitham?! Are you here?" You shout asking. 

You heard a rustling sound of tree leaves moving. This startled you as you were afraid of running into some wild animals similar to last time. 

In your peripheral vision you noticed something black keep moving from one tree to another quickly. The speed was so high that you weren't able to keep up with it's movement. 

"Who's there!" You shout asking. 

No response. 

Each minute you stood there, your heart only kept beating at a faster pace. Something kept making you feel uneasy.

You should have gone back to the spot where Kaveh and you decided to rendezvous yet you were here still going in deeper into the forest. 

"Alhaitham, I know you're not a fan of playing tricks but please come out!" You shout desperately to again not get any response.

You suddenly tripped and fell down due to a rock that you didn't notice. You slightly bruised your palm but you paid no heed to it as you kept searching for Alhaitham. 

Due to the terrible weather, there was only little lighting inside. The canopy formed by the large trees almost blocked the little light from entering as well.

You once more noticed the black creature that secretly kept following you but instead it came in front of you in the form of a man. It seemed more like a three dimensional shadow. 

You freaked out and began taking back steps. "W-..What do you want!?" You shouted and ask the random creature before you.

The creature hysterically laughed. "Haha!....the man you're looking for...is almost dead! It is time for a change! A change I say!" it said. 

At that moment, you realize this thing before you was speaking about Alhaitham. Your heart skipped a beat.

You instantly shout back at the creature, "What do you mean he's almost dead! Where's he? What did you do to him!" 

The black human like creature left an annoyed grunt. "...Still it's him......you keep doing the same mistake over and over, each and every single time!" it says and disappears into thin air in the form of black flames. 

You were panicking as you couldn't ask the creature where Alhaitham was but thankfully you heard a familiar sound. It was Alhaitham's. Upon hearing his voice you couldn't help feel a bit more relaxed than earlier but it did not seem right.

You heard him have a coughing fit. You quickly run towards the direction of the sound and finally found him....but the sight of Alhaitham wasn't the one you wanted to see.

He sat by the tree, coughing out blood. On his left arm, he had a long wound that kept bleeding as his entire cloth was stained with blood. His eyelids were half open and his eyes were half-dazed. His lips were dry while it was stained with blood.

He held onto his sword firmly but upon seeing you, he left the sword. "It's...you." He said with a dry voice. You couldn't help but quickly run towards him and inspect his wound.

"What have you done of yourself!? Was it even necessary to stay back? you could've been with me and Kaveh!" You shout at him angrily but tears rolled out of  your eyes for reasons unknown.

Perhaps it was because you cannot bear to lose another person.

Alhaitham's eye orbs kept looking at you as he remained in silence. You felt bad for shouting at him but still it hurt you deeply to see someone wounded like this while you could do nothing at all. 

To stop the bleeding on his arm you quickly tore a part of your outfit and began dressing around the deep gash to prevent further bleeding though you knew it was hopeless. 

You sat before him hopelessly, keeping your head low and crying. Alhaitham closed his eyes, sighing. 

At this very moment, you heard the creature's voice behind you.

"He's gone! Finally a change in the time's course!" It laughed.

 In an anger fit you quickly held Alhaitham's sword and charged towards the creature, slashing it down completely as the sword radiated in blue aura.

A hydro vision appeared behind you as you slashed the creature down in anger... The creature screamed in pain and disappeared in air as dust. 

You turn around in surprise to see your new vision lay before Alhaitham...

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

a/n : Did I scare you guys?? Anyways cliffhanger because I love you guys <3 It's been a while since I've written something like this so thoughts on the chapter is also highly appreciated :)

THANK YOU FOR THE 32K READS <3