9. The Mystery Unveiled.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"I DON'T. But I do know that the woman who is 'crying' before me was the same woman who boldly came across a lot of things in life. So I know even if I cannot, you surely can endure such things." Alhaitham said loudly from behind the tree where he stood.

Was this really Alhaitham before me? Why do I all of a sudden feel like....he's just comforting me at this point.

Why of all people would he care about me? After all this is Alhaitham, the lunatic of Akademiya. The man who never cared of anybody or anything besides his academic knowledge. Why would such a man give encouraging words to me.

"Y/n have you ever wondered....who donated you that anonymous amount of money? Why would they have chosen you alone? It was because you proved people around you wrong. They were wrong in thinking you were weak." Alhaitham muttered as he stood in front of the tree just opposite to me..

My heart skipped a beat when I heard about that money. My expression went cold.

"How..How do you know about that...?" I could've swore I never told it to anybody let alone my own mother. 

"Don't worry. Just don't misunderstand the situation we both are at." Alhaitham walked towards me. "May I take the moment to explain you?" I nodded to his request.

He sat beside me, just a few meters apart. My heart kept beating faster and faster each moment as I kept getting curious on how he knew about my past. I wiped off the tears coming from my eyes

"A few years back when you were still working in Port Ormos for a part time, I encountered you for the first time. Back then I was just a newbie at Harvatat Darshan and I was constantly piqued by happenings in Port Ormos." 

"Seeing you work all day long made me only believe you were more qualified in the field of business than academics but then I noticed you were at the libraries most nights. As if you yearned for knowledge and a few days later I saw you teaching some children as well....truth be told you reminded me of....someone who took care of me when I was a child." 

"Isn't that what you call a stalker behavior!" I said leaving a low chuckle wiping the stained tears from my cheeks. 

He was instantly startled. "O-Of course not. Don't expect such lowly behavior from me." The tip of his ears were red and he didn't dare look into my eyes.

What was this new feeling around him.

"I initially thought you were preparing for the Akademiya's entrance exams but I was surprised that you weren't there. Only after then did I realize your situation. I decided to help you out so that you can make time to prepare for the Exams but then I was too late to really help you." Alhaitham said as he finally looked into my eyes.

At that moment, I realized. He was the anonymous donor. The one who helped me pay of most of my debts and the one who helped me take up the exam without worrying about anything.

" I know it's a little too much for you to process everything right now but I'm merely stating my observations. You're very bold to face any situation unlike the others. You have no fear besides that one situation where we had to run after seeing Rishboland tigers."

Why did a sudden shiver go behind my back.

"A-..Alhaitham...I don't know how to thank you..." I said in a low voice again tearing up. So it was him after all, the very same person who helped me out and also knew how to get on my nerves. Even at my most hopeless moments, it was him, wasn't it?

"You needn't thank me for this. All I've done is given you money, not hope."

There was a long silence between us. 

"...You're wrong Alhaitham, you gave me hope in the most grave hours of my life. I promise to pay my debt back!" 

"You needn't pay that debt back. I don't care about Mora." 

"But, it isn't just one or two mora! There's like a whole gran-!" He suddenly cut my sentence off.

"Y/n. I want you to keep teaching those children to reach whatever they wish to become." Alhaitham said as he looked into my eyes with a serious look. No this was not the normal serious look he'd give but it was one more with a honesty and regret. 

I threw the envelope away and got up. Alhaitham kept staring at my sudden actions.

"Then I'll keep my word. Let's get going shall we? I don't want to keep those kids back at Port Ormos waiting." I said as I brought my hand forward to help Alhaitham get up.

Alhaitham left a small chuckle and that was the first time I heard him do that. I'm glad that he wasn't stoic around me anymore. He placed his hand on mine firmly and got up.

"You sure are stronger for being just a mere scholar." He remarked as he patted the dust off from him.

"I may not have a vision or a weapon but doesn't necessarily mean I'm weak either, Alhaitham." I said sheepishly.

.

.

.

.

3RD PERSON.

A person wearing a black robe all around them, walked towards the place which was occupied by Y/n and Alhaitham. They inspected the area around and found an envelope.

As they held the envelope in their hand, a family picture slipped out. Perhaps, Y/n did not see that or she would have never thrown such a possession away.

The person brought their face closer to the image and kept staring at the girl in the photo. They then burst into a maniacal laughter then mumbled,

"Hahah! The one is back! It is time for us to rise up once more!"

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

END

A/N : Hehe, mini plot drop.

Back to the point, My school year gets over very soon so I have a lot of exams coming up which is why I'll be delaying the updates for all my books.