19. A New Future, Set.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"Big sis Y/n, are you okay?" Izuru asked. The two of you sat on a bench which faced towards the direction of the sunrise. As it was still early in the morning, not many people were out. 

You cried for a while sitting beside Izuru and managed to keep yourself composed in front of the young boy later. 

"I'm fine, thank you for caring Izuru." You said as you patted the boy's hair. The boy looked at you slightly concerned as he had a frown on his face.

"What's the matter Izuru, why do you seem disappointed? " You asked as you noticed him looking away.

"Why were you crying sis Y/n? Did someone hurt you?" Izuru asked in a concerned tone. His voice came out really low. You couldn't help but laugh.

 A young boy was more concerned than he should be. It also made you wonder how lucky his family must be to have him, even if it's only him and his mother.

"Izuru, no one hurt me. I was a little sad so I wanted to cry." You said to him. You didn't want to mention anything about why you were really crying.

"But! How do you get sad without someone making you sad? Someone did hurt you! Did you and big bro Kaveh get into fight."  You sat there blinking and trying to process how did this little boy even end up having such a theory that Kaveh and I argued.

"What makes you think Kaveh can fight? No it wasn't him, he left for work today. He'll runaway if I challenged him to a fight." You scoffed and told back to him with full confidence.

Izuru gave you a stare with a slight smirk. "But big sis Y/n, he was really cool when that doctor refused to help."

 "Let's say he's probably used to arguing and throwing threats at his rational, annoying and too smart for his level roommate. It wasn't a natural talent for Kaveh to fight." You scoffed and replied, mentally cussing at Alhaitham.

Truth be told, you were heavily disappointed by Alhaitham. It felt so painful to know that he still looked down at you as a mere scholar who is yet to contribute anything worthy for the Akademiya, unlike him a successful scribe whose contributions would be greatly remembered throughout years.

To think that those rumors across the halls and classrooms of Akademiya were right after all. Alhaitham was someone who was known for his rational behavior. If anyone who could look into his eyes and ask him to stay silent would be a few. Not even the Grand Sage, Azar could do it.

That's what you thought. Even despite the fact he and you clashed multiple times at sessions with other sages, you knew he was right. Which is why you agreed to do this mission with him.Only then did you feel like he wasn't the person who was described to be rational.

 He seemed opposite to what you had ever heard. He blindly trusted you and saved you once. Not to forget, even stopped multiple times just to make sure you didn't fall sick due to the environmental changes, while he could have just let you be and complete the mission himself