28. All Hail the Queen.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"So we're finally here huh?" Y/n asked as the two were able to see broken ruins covered in moss and vines, in a distance. There was barely any space on the ground to walk comfortably as long grass blades covered the remaining pathway. 

Alhaitham swung of blade flawlessly as he cleared out the grass to create enough space to walk through. 

"Hold onto my hand unless you want to trip and fall down on your face." Alhaitham told as he reached his hands out to her's. She looked at him for a moment before holding onto to his hand. 

"What makes you think I'd fall?" She questioned playfully as she was guided towards the ruins with him taking the lead. 

"You're clumsy." He remarked. 

"For someone who is an alumni of the Haravatat and has expressed his feelings towards me, your choice in words are quite harsh. Ouch." Y/n responded back with a sarcastic tone laced with her words.

Alhaitham looked at her for a moment before he looked back towards where they were heading to. "I prefer to be frank with my thoughts and answers and I cannot sugar coat words just like those male leads in your romance novels. Being straight to the point is more healthier than having a twisted relationship with anyone." 

"Hey, don't you dare bring in the male leads from novels into our conversations." 

"Is there a problem with that?" Alhaitham asked out of curiosity as he tried his best to not sound rude. 

"Well...How do I put, they do give me unrealistic standards. It's physically impossible for any partner to meet such standards, including you! " 

"From what I've understood, you  have come to realize such male leads are non-existent. That's quite the character development you've achieved." Alhaitham responded with a slight chuckle. 

"Hey! It- It's not a character development! Rather it's YOU who went through it! Who knew the scribe of the Akademiya had such a nice personality to himself. Maybe if you were more open minded like you are right now, I would have been head over heels for you. Who knows...maybe two rings as well..." Y/n blurted out with no consideration of what she was speaking. 

Upon hearing the word 'rings' Alhaitham looked at Y/n with gentleness in his eyes.His ears were slightly red.

Only then did it strike to the woman about what she had mentioned. "No-! No forget what I said!"

"Two rings you say..." He told in a low tone, trying his best to not sound expressive. "I'll remember that once we return back to Sumeru City." 

.

.

.

.

The entrance of the ruin was in shambles. Supported by weak age old pillars, it was a half broken ruin with no source of light besides the canopy from the broken ceiling. As the two walked around, they couldn't find a single room, relic or mural.