11. Strangest Occurrence.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"We should reach within another matter of two to three hours at least. Unless you—" Alhaitham said as he turned around to see you holding branches and roots of the tree to gain balance as you walked through a muddy path.

Your hands were trembling and your legs were refusing to walk down, onto the the muddy surface completely. Alhaitham had no other way but to re-route the entire thing due to your incessant ranting on how long it may take to reach, but he had not expected this to be a problem too...

The man before you sighed as he placed his hand on his forehead. "...Maybe another six more hours to reach..." He muttered.

A sudden jolt of electric impulse went through your body when you heard him mutter about taking another six hours. "SIX HOURS!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" you shouted.

"Six hours, if you are going to be fearful of the mud. Two or three hours if you just walk." 

"ARCHONS! I-I shouldn't have.. agreed to this new route! Have you never heard of people randomly slipping down into a deep mud pool in such paths!?" You shout at Alhaitham.

The path Alhaitham had to drawn up was through a thick Mangrove forest. Though it was muddy, it wasn't that shallow like you were describing it to be. Only during intense monsoon would these paths get risky but it was a mild weather now.

The roots and branches acted as a support for the goers through this route. 

"Even if I heard such nonsense do you think I'd believe something like that? Use some common sense, look around." 

You look around to see nothing odd. "I didn't know you were dual qualified to be in the Amurta and Haravatat Darshan."

A long awkward silence remained between you and Alhaitham. He seemed to be irked with your stupid answer. You on the other hand kept giving him a deathly stare.

It was a staring contest now. An Intense one where his teal green eyes kept piercing your [E/c] eyes.

Alhaitham finally gave in. " I sometimes wonder how the Akademiya ends up finding geniuses." He remarked as he sighed and closed his eyes. 

"Hey! That's rude of a scholar to say!" you shouted back. He shrugged off and kept walking ahead. It was getting a little tiring to hold these roots and walk around but it was for a safety reason.

After walking for a while, you finally had gotten out of the muddy area. You were able to see to see a little elevated land ahead of you...with some people there? You couldn't see clearly but it was in quite a distance.

"Are there.." You began asking only to be instantly replied by Alhaitham, almost as if he had been reading your thoughts.

"..There are people who habitat these areas. It is a tourist spot. I suppose we could find a lodge there to stay for the night rather than staying out in the wilderness."