26. An Embarrassing Hour.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"Your ankle is injured, I don't think you can walk around without stumbling over." Alhaitham said as he inspected Y/n's ankle. The woman did not respond back but she slightly winced when Alhaitham touched the injured muscle.

The memory of her stabbing the eremite was fresh in her mind. She didn't know what had happened as it was too sudden. In those moments, her instincts grew sharper and she felt the time was slow. Almost as if she was being controlled to protect herself.

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when she overheard Alhaitham telling her something. "It's unusual." He said as he looked at her eyes.

Y/n leaned forward as she responded back, "Everything has been unusual ever since we picked up this mission." She muttered.

Alhaitham only left a low chuckle which left the woman confused as she tilted her head sideways and looked at him.

"What's so funny? You've been chuckling a lot to yourself recently." She questioned the ashen-haired man before her with an eyebrow raise. He surely has changed a lot over the past few weeks.

"I was talking about you being unusual." Alhaitham responded back earning a scoff from Y/n. He looked up at her face right before she was about to answer.

"Quite bold coming from the lonely scribe of the Akademiya who rarely interacts with people and behaves like a machine." She remarked only for Alhaitham to slightly smirk.

He has heard the very same statement at least a million times and he was quite eager to return back to Sumeru City once the mission was over to prove the statement wrong.

Although romance and relationships were highly disregarded by the Akademiya scholars as it can cause a hindrance to work, Alhaitham did not care.

After that evening of confessions, neither Y/n nor he ever brought up such topics of relationships. Now wasn't the time for them to discuss it either so he understood it was best to wait. Wait till they return back safe and sound to Sumeru City.

"Are you zoning out?" He heard a gentle voice from Y/n as his train of thoughts were snapped out. Was I zoning out? He thought to himself before his lips parted to provide an answer. "No.I was calculating how much distance you could walk with these injured ankles."

Alhaitham got up from the ground and stared back at Y/n. "I don't think you'll be able to walk for a few hours."

Y/n's eyes only widened in surprise. "Few hours? we aren't even that far from those ruins! I'm sure I can try walking-" She protested and tried getting up from where she sat.