6. The Weird Scholar.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

A millennia ago, there existed a flourishing civilization, filled with the joys of people from the moment sun took up in east and set down in the west. 

From the fruitsellers to the people, it was such a happy and musical civilization. Nobody held grudges with anybody.

The civilization was ruled by a queen. She was no ordinary queen who ruled just some lands but rather she was the queen who touched every single's citizen's hearts. 

From children to elders, everybody cherished and absolutely loved her. Even men and rulers from other lands tried to swoon her but she never fell for any. She put her people and duty before anything.

Until...

.

Ʉ₦₮łⱠ ł₮........₳₦Đ ⱤɄ₱₮ɄⱤɆĐ ł₦₮Ø ₵Ⱨ₳Ø₴. ₮ⱧɆ QɄɆɆ₦.......₦Ø ₥ØⱤɆ

.

.

Y/n open her eyes flutter as she was slightly sweating. She and Alhaitham has been inside the cave for about a few hours now. They sat opposite to each other with a fire camp burning in the middle to keep them self warm.

Alhaitham held a book which he was keenly reading. You took a look around of the surrounding and noticed a blanket over you.

"You were shivering from cold. I put the blanket over you in hopes that you'd not catch a fever way before the mission actually begins." 

A slight heat rose to your cheeks when you actually got to hear that from him. It wasn't your blanket too....it was his blanket that had the same scent has him. 

"Oh thank you..." You said as you rose up and folded the blanket, giving it back to him to avoid unwanted thoughts. He was your colleague and you were assigned to complete a task along with him. He is also your rival so you wanted to avoid any unwanted thoughts.

"I don't think we can really reach the place on time. It has been raining for hours now..." Alhaitham said as he kept reading his book after he placed his blanket back into his baggage. 

"What if we decided to walk through the rain, wouldn't that help us reaching the sit sooner?" You asked as you sat down, bringing your legs close to you. 

"...That would be something I'd do if I were alone on this mission....I take that you don't travel much often do you?" 

"I don't...it's just Port Ormos and Sumeru City constantly, the normal route without going through any disastrous routes."