Love does exist

Aiden's POV

"Adam where are you taking me?" I giggle, trying to see through the blindfold. "You will see soon enough" he chuckles out, leading me through what felt like a wooded area. Finally, he stops me, laying me down on the soft, silky grass. His figure suddenly appears next to me as he whispers "okay, take it off". I do as told and slip it over my eyes, revealing a star scattered sky.

My jaw drops as I stare intently up at the stars. "Oh my gosh... I have never seen this many stars before" slips from my mouth as I sit in awe. My eyes refused t leave the sight above until Adam chuckles, knocking me back into reality. "So why are we here may I ask?" I question, rolling on to my side to face him. "Well... I thought it was time to do something that I should've done a long time ago. I wanted a way to show you that I will forever love you. So, I decided to do the one and only option that is best deserved for you" he mutters with a nervous smile.

I sit in silence, confusion flooding my mind. "So what are you going to do?" I question, looking at him confused. He sighs, leaning up. "Aiden, you have been my friend for years. We have conquered everything that has come up against us. I try to prove to you everyday that no matter what happens, I am wholeheartedly in love with you. I want to prove that to the world now. I will always be by your side and protect you with all of my strength. Aiden Black, will you marry me?" he whispers, pulling out a beautiful ring. I sit up, clasping a hand over my mouth.

"I have to be dreaming" I mutter, tears filling my eyes. "Nope babe. It's real" Adam replies chuckling as he raises to one knee. I smile big, standing to my feet. "Aiden with the things that are coming our way, I want to prove to you that you will always be safe whenever you are with me. This ring will always be a reminder that we are together, no matter how far away we are" he adds. I giggle and smile.

"I will most certainly marry you Adam Dahlburg" I reply, watching him slide the ring on to my ring finger. He jumps up, swooping me tightly into his arms. I giggle as he spins me around, laughter filling the surrounding air. I finally get the chance to marry my best friend. This doesn't feel like reality. It's too perfect for this to happen. His eyes catch a hold of mine again as he lovingly and passionately places a kiss on my lips. Adam slowly sets me down before leading me back to the car.

The whole ride home, I could not remove the smile that was plastered on my face. When arriving back at the house, I found the rest of the house asleep. "How long were we out?" I question, turning to Adam. "A few hours. I told the guys what I had planned before we left so they wouldn't be worried about how long we were out" he replies, kissing my forehead. Adam's hand slowly interlocks with mine, leading me to my bedroom. Walking into my room, I grab a change of clothes to sleep in and pull my hair up into a tight bun. I turn to see Adam leaving the room.

"Adam wait" I call. "Mhm?" he questions, popping his head back into the doorway. "Will you stay with me tonight?" I ask, smiling an innocent smile. He chuckles and nods, leaving the room for me to change. I walk to the door and close it, changing into the new pair of clothes that I had picked out. I put the dirty ones in the hamper. Slowly, I make my way to my bed and pull back the covers. There, lay a patient, old, crinkled paper with a scribbled note on it.

Congrats on the engagement. Too bad you won't make it to your own wedding. Tomorrow is the last night you can meet us before your fiancé joins our hit list. -Dev

How did she know I was engaged?... It didn't even happen that long ago.. How am I suppose to meet her if they are both in prison? It doesn't make any since. Why do all good things come to an end so quickly? Adam slowly knocks, giving me time to hide the note under my pillow along with the other one. "Come in" I mutter, watching him walk in. I smile gently as he climbs into the bed, pulling me down with him. I giggle and cuddle into his chest tightly. "I love you so much Adam. Don't you ever forget that" I whisper, kissing his cheek. He smiles and nods, holding me even tighter. Slowly, I drift into a sleep that is filled haunted with the memories of my past and possibly my future.