Memories never die but people do

~2 weeks later~

Adam's POV

These two weeks without Aiden have been miserable. I haven't slept, due to the nightmares of that horrific night. After getting home from the incident, I have refused to leave Aiden's bedroom. Everything reminded me of her and it just made me feel somewhat better. All I want is her back. I would give or do anything in order for that one wish. I should've taken that bullet. Not her. Tyler, Ty and Phoebe have been going through their grief as well, but you could tell how worried they were about me. Everyday they would bring food for me to eat but all it would do is sit on Aiden's dresser and get cold. I couldn't eat. My appetite was no longer there. Eventually, after crying so much, my eyes had ran out of tears. I haven't been able to cry for a few days now but today it will possibly change.

Today was the day that I had to leave her bedroom. I slowly creaked open her door and made my way to my bedroom. I hopped into the shower and shaved my, now lengthy, beard. I climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking to the mirror, looking at myself. My eyes were red and puffy along with big, dark bags under them. My body looked a lot slimmer than what I remember as well. After my, much needed, shower, I changed into a black tux with a black tie, black dress pants and black dress shoes. I walked out of my room and found it laying on my bed. Ty must've bought it while I was in Aiden's room. I fixed my hair a bit and grabbed my eulogy that I wrote for Aiden's funeral. Of all people, Aiden's parents asked me to give it. Yes, you heard me right. After the cops arrived at the scene, I explained the situation and they were able to find Aiden's real parents. I, once again, explained the story and sadly had to break the news to them. They welcomed me with open arms and actually helped me a little with my grief. Aiden's mother looked like an older version of her. She had the same nose as her father, but besides that, you could tell she was identical to her mother. Seeing her today next to Aiden might be a little tough.

I walked from my room and down the hall where I see the guys, and Phoebe, dressed in all black. "Are you ready?" Tyler asks in a quiet voice. I nod lightly. Phoebe slowly walks over towards me and fixes my tie, tightening it lightly. "Believe me, I don't think any one of us wanted this day to come" she whispers, looking up at me with tears in her eyes. I nod again, feeling warm tears run down my cheeks. The dam broke faster then I thought it would. With a swift move, I turn and walk out the door towards the car. They didn't need to see me cry anymore. Today is going to be one of the longest days of my life. Oh Aiden, why can't you be here? Why can't you be in my arms? Why did you sacrifice yourself for me? Tears continued to roll down my cheeks as they proceed from the front door. I quickly wipe away my tears and climb into the car.

When we arrive at the cemetery, there was already a few people gathered around the casket that held my true love. My eyes threatened more tears, but I quickly blinked them away. I climb out of the car and make my way towards the casket. My hand trails along the edge of the wood, cutting my heart with each inch that my fingers grazed over. I slowly look down at my beautiful wife. Gently, I reach down and take her cold hand in mine before sliding on the ring that I bought the day after her death. All brides deserve their wedding ring. I lay her hand down on her chest while a few more tears drop down on to her beautiful dress. I continue to walk down the casket before reaching the end where her head lay. I stop, kneeling down next to her ear. "Can you rise out of this coffin and just exclaim that it was all a prank? That it was only a joke. That you're still alive? Aiden, I just miss you so much... I love you wholeheartedly and I can't even put into thought that you're gone... Please just... Come back..." I whisper, tears streaming down my cheeks.

A easy hand is placed on my shoulder as I stand, turning to whoever it was. There stood Aiden's mother. My heart jumped at the hope that it was her but slowly died down when I realized who it was. I smile a half smile and envelop her in a hug. She hugs back, rubbing my back soothingly. She loves me as if I was her own son, even though I really was her son in law. "You okay?" she questions, pulling away from the hug. I shake my head and look back down at her pale face. Her hand slides back and forth across my back soothingly while looking down at her. "We're all going to miss her honey" she whispers before turning and walking back towards where Aiden's father stood. He give me a nod of respect and I did the same.