« 05 »

━━━━━━━━

— PART ONE  of  THREE —
WHEN THE DEAD COME KNOCKING

— PART ONE  of  THREE —WHEN THE DEAD COME KNOCKING

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GAVE AWAY HALF OUR GUNS." Daryl mumbled.

"Hey, you guys got me back. That's gotta count for something." Glenn retorted. Daryl just glared at him, causing the rest of them to erupt in laughter.

"Who was the keys?" T-Dog asked.

All eyes were on Emerson. She started to look in her pockets, but the moving truck keys were no where to be found.

"I'm just kidding. I left them in the truck."

With that, Rick slid into the driver's side and Emerson sat in the passenger's seat. The rest of them sat in the back and quickly fell asleep.

About twenty minutes had passed when Rick said, "It was the best friend cliche."

"Huh?" She asked.

"She was sleeping with Shane. They just didn't think I knew about it."

Emerson was quiet.

"Lori and I stopped loving each other a long time ago." He began, "I'm not oblivious, Emerson. Just don't get yourself hurt, alright?"

She then knew that he was referring to her and Shane. "I don't have feelings for Shane, and now that I know he's a dirty, rotten, side piece, I want nothing to do with him."

Rick glanced over at her, "Good."

Emerson's face grew hot, but she didn't dare say anything else.

The rest of the ride was quiet. When they finally pulled up to the quarry, it was almost dark. Everyone was surrounding the fire, eating dinner.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and set their plates down. Silas came over first, engulfing his sister in an embrace.

"Thank god you came back. Where's Merle?"

"Well. . . We found a part of him." Before Silas could ask any more questions, Carl ran to Emerson.

"I knew you guys would be safe." He told her.

"Because I'm Batman, right?" She laughed.

Shane smiled at Emerson and eventually caught her gaze, motioning for her to come with him. She shook her head and rolled her eyes at him before putting her attention elsewhere.

Suddenly, a loud shrill came from the RV. Everyone's eyes averted to the camper, and there they saw Amy being attacked.

Andrea screamed and ran over to her, pulling out her silver Smith & Wesson 3913, to kill the two Walkers that surrounded her sister.