« 11 »

━━━━━━━━

— PART TWO  of  THREE —
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYWHERE

LORI WAS IN SHOCK WHEN SHE SAW HER SUPPOSED DEAD HUSBAND run up to the house

LORI WAS IN SHOCK WHEN SHE SAW HER SUPPOSED DEAD HUSBAND run up to the house. She was in even more shock when she found out that it was Carl who was in his arms.

Rick, however, wasn't as happy to see her as she was him. He was angry. Angry at Shane, angry at his wife. Just angry.

"We don't need to do this right now." Rick mumbled as the two of them sat with Shane. "I don't want to do this right now."

"Can I do anything?" Shane asked. Rick just scoffed. Shane had done enough, in Rick's mind. But he wasn't going to let him know that.

A distressed Rick clumsily replied, "Can you get Emerson? Carl was asking for her when he woke up the first time."

Before Shane could give any type of reply, Lori's eyes shot up. "Who's Emerson?"

"She's whose been taking care of our son after you ran away from him." Rick spat. His tone was laced with anger and sadness.

Lori scoffed. "Your whore has been taking care of my son?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." Lori replied.

"Oh, and what about you? Fucking my best friend behind my back? Real classy." said Rick.

The comment left Lori and Shane speechless.

"I guess I'll go get Emerson." Shane said quietly.

Hershel came out as soon as Shane stood up to leave. Rick and Lori followed in suit, and stood before Hershel.

"He's out of the danger zone for the moment." He began. "But I need to remove those remaining fragments. I removed the shallowest one and I'd have to go deeper to get the rest. But there's more,"

Rick sighed, "Tell me."

"His belly's distended, pressure is dropping, which means there's internal bleeding. One of the fragments nicked a blood vessel. I have to open him up, find the bleeder, and stitch it. He can't move at all while I'm in there. If he does, I'll hit an artery and he'll be out in minutes.

To even try, I have to put him under. But if I do, he won't be able to breathe on his own. Same bad results."

"What do you need?" Rick mumbled.