« 07 »

WARNING: SEXUAL ASSUALT

━━━━━━━━

— PART ONE of THREE —
WHEN THE DEAD COME KNOCKING

— PART ONE  of  THREE —WHEN THE DEAD COME KNOCKING

"STAY WITH ME." Emerson ordered Carl. She held her gun in one hand, while Carl's hand was in her other. Rick and Silas were in front of them.

"Are we safe here, Emmy?" Carl asked.

Emerson squeezed his hand. "I sure hope so, sweetie."

The group warily ran up to the front gates.

"Keep your guard up." Shane mumbled. "Can't be too careful."

Emerson grabbed a handkerchief from her back-pocket and gave it to Carl. The smell was enough to make all of them faint right then and there.

"Over your nose and mouth." She mumbled.

Rick handed her a red bandana. "You do the same." He told her, nodding at the woman. She nodded in thanks and kept moving.

I'm gonna puke, Emerson thought. Or die from this putrid smell.

"Keep it together, come on now." Silas commanded in a low whisper.

When they reached the doors, Shane and Rick tried to open the shutters.

It was nothing but a rattling sound. Shane and Silas tried to pull them up, but it was of no use.

It wasn't opening.

Shane banged on the door, but still, nothing.

"There's nobody here." T-Dog mentioned the obvious, which told the rest of them he wanted to leave before Walkers came at them.

"Then why are these shutters down?" Rick asked him. T-Dog didn't have an answer.

"Walkers!" Daryl shouted.

Everyone who had a gun cocked it, and everyone who had a knife held it high. Daryl shot his crossbow, nailing the closest one right between the eyes.

"You drug us into a graveyard." Andrea cried.

Emerson scoffed, "He made a choice, and we all came with him. You had your chance to leave."
She defended.

"It was the wrong damn call!" Daryl shouted, going to attack Rick. Shane jumped in right then.

"You shut up. You hear me? Shut up!" Then he turned his attention to Rick. "This is a dead end, man. Do you hear me? No blame."