« 13 »

━━━━━━━━

— PART TWO  of  THREE —
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYWHERE

— PART TWO  of  THREE —THERE IS NO HOPE ANYWHERE

"JUST A LITTLE LOWER." Maggie said to the group who was holding the rope.

Suddenly, Emerson felt herself drop. She cried out and was dropped lower and lower.

"Get me out of here!" She cried. "Get me out! Hurry!" She started flailing her legs, trying to stop the Walker from reaching her.

"Fuck off!" She cried, kicking around as the Walker reached his arms towards her.

As she was finally pulled up higher, she threw the rope off of her shoulder and the Walker was wrapped around it.

When she grabbed ahold of the pole that was lined across the well, Shane grabbed her arms and pulled her up.

She began gasping for air and coughing. Andrea reached her level and asked if she was alright.

Emerson only nodded and gulped.

"Back to the drawing board." Dale huffed.

Glenn looked down in the well and said, "Says you. She did it."

"Damn right I did. Now let's pull this little mermaid up out of there. I'm thirsty."

Another fifteen minutes passed by and their attempt to get the Walker out, failed. Instead, they only were able to pull the top half out, which contaminated the water.

"Good thing we didn't do anything stupid. Like shoot the damn thing." T-Dog mumbled, throwing down the hatchet.

The group dispersed and they all went on to do their daily tasks.

Emerson went into the house and went straight for Carl's room. "How's he doin'?"

Lori looked up from her book, "He woke up a little bit ago. Hershel said everything looked normal. His fever went down too. He, uh, he asked for you earlier. Told me all about the haircuts and Batman."

Emerson smiled.

Then Rick walked in. Emerson's eyes lit up, but he didn't give her a second glance. The gesture made her feel small. Like she needed to leave the room and let the family be by themselves.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure he was alright. Let me know if ya'll need anything." Emerson mumbled.

"Wait." Rick called. "Can we talk?"