« 26 » part two

WARNING: MAJOR SEXUAL
CONTENT WRITTEN BY AN AUTHOR
WHO DOESN'T WRITE SMUT

━━━━━━━━

— PART THREE  of  THREE —
REMEMBER ME HAPPY

– EMERSON STIRRED THE CAN OF SOUP AND HELD IT BACK OVER THE FIREPLACE. Her hair was soaking wet, but she was just grateful the house had a tub she could wash up in.

She picked a pajama set out of one of the drawers in the bedroom and headed downstairs to get dinner going.

When Rick finally came down, she noticed he was wearing almost exactly what he wore way back at the CDC.

Rick was walking down the hallway to his and Carl's room. He wore a white t-shirt and blue flannel pants. His wet, curly, hair dripped down as he took the towel to it.

"Hey." He said lightly.

"Hey. Pretty nice showers, huh?" She took a sip of wine, hoping her legs would feel less like jello.

I'm drunk, she told herself. Definitely drunk.

"Very nice. Probably stood in there for about an hour."

"Me too." She laughed.

She quickly reminded herself that Rick was also drunk. Emerson told herself to walk away before she did something out of her control.

But he looks so good right now, she thought. The two just stared at one another. Emerson noticed that Rick's light blue eyes were significantly darker.

Just kiss me already! She thought.

It seemed as if Rick thought the same. In one quick swoop, his hand wrapped around her waist. He dove down to meet her lips as he pressed her against the wall.

Emerson looked away from Rick and turned her attention back to the soup.

"Wow Sheriff, it smells better in here already."

"Very funny." Rick rolled his eyes and smiled. His smile suddenly went away. "Is that chicken noodle?"

Emerson smirked. "Sure is."

"Gross." Rick commented, motioning for her to back up so he could finish stirring. "Didn't you know I hate chicken noodle?"

"Why do you think I made it? Besides, I love chicken noodle soup."

The two of them sat quietly for a few minutes before Rick spoke up, "Are you doing okay?"

Emerson met his blue eyes and gave him a sad smile. "It gets easier every day. Are you doing okay?"

Rick shrugged. "I thought I'd never want another kid. Then I met you, and realized I'd have ten kids if it meant I'd get to do it with you."

Rick was referring to what she had told him many months ago. Emerson only had Silas, which was enough for her, but she wanted a big family for herself.