« 15 »

━━━━━━━━

— PART TWO of THREE —
THERE IS NO HOPE ANYWHERE

"I'M GONNA BE SICK." Emerson gagged as she quickly left the bathroom. "God, you two are disgusting!" She cried.

Two days had passed since the awkward dinner between the Greene family and the group. Carl was building up his strength, and Daryl was doing the same.

Now, in the early hours of the morning, Emerson went up to the house to grab a quick shower before their day ahead. If they were supposed to be out of Hershel's way within the week, she was going to fully abuse his working bathroom.

However, when she walked inside the bathroom, she found Lori and Shane in a compromising position. She immediately stormed out after telling them both that she was going to be sick at the sight of them.

"Wait!" Lori called. "Please don't tell Rick."

"So you don't want me to tell him you're a dirty whore? Didn't you just move into his tent with Carl last night?" Emerson scoffed.

"It's not like that, okay? I'm gonna tell Rick. I-I love Shane and–"

"Please, save it for someone who gives a shit." Emerson told her. "Look, Lori, I don't care who you sleep around with. But I care about Carl. It matters to me about what happens to him. Do whatever you want, but don't hurt Carl in the process."

Lori stood there ashamed as Emerson gripped her clothes tighter and walked out of the house.

As she began walking down the steps, Glenn followed out after her. "Unbelievable." She told Glenn.

"What?" He asked her, fixing his hair.

"Is everybody around here getting laid except me?" She scoffed.

Glenn smirked, "There's a certain Sheriff who I'm sure wouldn't mind it if you walked into his tent."

Emerson just rolled her eyes.

"Can you get some more peaches?" Emerson asked him. "You still owe me a favor."

"Yeah, I'll try." Glenn said with a low chuckle. He then began picking at the skin of his nails.

"Nervous for today?" Emerson asked him. Glenn nodded. "Look, they're not even really gonna be mad at you. Maybe for a second, but they'll be mad at Hershel."

Glenn rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say."

At breakfast, Carol was handing out plates, while Emerson was passing out the eggs and jerky. She stopped to give Carl some and he began talking about how Patricia has been letting him feed the chickens.

"Do you think you and me could do it together today?" Carl asked her.

Emerson grinned. "I think we could. But you'll have to teach me. I've never fed a chicken before."

"Oh, it's really easy. Maybe my dad will come too." Carl told her.

"Maybe." Emerson hit the boy's hat, making it cover his eyes. "Eat up, bud. Food's gonna get cold."