Chapter 16

Victor and I were seventeen when we went our separate ways but my father was still determined to have me working by his side on his team. He brought me to a facility where him and his men arranged the missions to be completed. When I arrived Victor wasn't there it was only me.

Stryker had me perform tests to see the boundaries of my abilities, more so of my claws. The tests were simple and easy to glide through but gradually became more advanced, it wasn't until we reached the test of metal that my claws could not glide through.

"Just as I suspected." He started as he examined them closer. "Bone would never be able to travel through metal on its own." He reached over to his desk and picked up a large vile containing liquified adamantium from what we had obtained on our previous mission. "But this," he held it up to the light. "this can cut through nearly anything on Earth." 

I looked at it wondering if this was when he was planning to infuse the compound into my body, at least this time I would be aware of what's coming. 

"I have a special procedure planned for you my boy." He said with pride as he circled slowly around me. "You will suffer more pain than any other man can endure. Your bones will be coated in adamantium. When we're done you'll be able to withstand anything." He explained and paused for a short moment. "Do you choose to accept this procedure?"

"Yes." I agreed without hesitation knowing this is what was needed for the future.

                                                         ...

I was laid flat on my back in a glass encased tub filled with clear liquid that could have been water with some sort of scuba diving tubes to breathe out of. My heart and brain activity was being monitored on screens above me. 

"Today we are going to witness medical history." He announced to the other participants who would be witnessing the procedure. "Weapon X." 

"X?" Asked one of the men.

"Roman numeral, ten." Stryker clarified. "We are about to begin bonding adamantium to Weapon X's skeleton. Let's begin."

I was lowered beneath the surface of the heated bubbling liquid. Once I was submerged I could barely hear the sound of some kind of drill. After a short moment thick syringes all around my body and face slowly came into contact with my skin drilling into my skull and bones, I couldn't even count how many there were. I could feel the excruciating pain of the drills cracking further into the base of my nose, forehead, cheekbones, arms and legs as they switched open the containment of the hot liquid metal that slowly injected out burning every single cell in my body. I began fading out of consciousness from the pain and began seeing memories of Victor and I running and claiming each other as brothers. I could see images of my mother from when I was very young that I did not even realize I had in my memory.

"Body temperature 108." Counted one of the scientists.

"Why is he thrashing like that? Why isn't he sedated?" Asked one of the doctors. 

"He feels pain just like the rest of us but anasthesia won't work on him, that's why he had to volunteer." Answered Stryker.

"Heart rate 190, now 195." Counted one of the scientists. "200." 

The burning feeling in my arms, legs and face felt like I was on fire while under water.

"Heart rate well beyond maximum." She continued.

"Blood pressure?" Stryker asked.

"260 over 180 and rising."

"He can make it." Stryker replied. "He can make it." He repeated to himself quietly.