Chapter 4

An older bald man in a wheelchair opened the door. "Alix White." He greeted. "I've been expecting you. Come in."

"What is this place?" I asked him.

"A school for mutants. My school for mutants. To the rest of the world this is considered a school for youngsters with special gifts such as your own." He explained.

"Mutants? I've read about that somewhere." I admitted.

"It's not an uncommon topic even for humans. Allow me to explain." Started the man. "My name is Charles Xavier and I am a telepath which allows me to hear and send thoughts from one being to another. My machine, Cerebro, is used to locate all mutants so I am able to find them. This case was specifically easy considering the amount of electromagnetic force you were exhibiting earlier tonight."

"So i'm one of these 'mutants'?" I asked showing repulsion of the phrase.

"It's just a label used for those with special abilities, but yes." He looked at Scott as if he was reading him. "You haven't told him yet." Scott's eyes widened and he slightly shook his head as if not wanting me to know something.

"Told me what?" I asked.

"Scott is a mutant as well." I looked at Scott as I took in the information.

"And you didn't tell me?" I asked with disbelief. He stood silent for a moment.

"Don't be scared, just show him." said Charles. Scott clenched his fists and razor sharp metal claws came out from in between his knuckles. I stared at the blades with shock.

"And you kept this from me why?"

The claws returned back into his skin with a sound similar to a knife being sharpened.

"It's not something you just go around showing everyone." He said with gestured disappointment in his gift.

"Since when am i everyone? Do know how much better i would have felt knowing i'm not the one around that's like this?" I questioned with hinted anger.

"I know, i'm sorry. I just didn't want you making a big deal out of it." He turned to the side. "I guess i wanted you to think i was normal."

"So...that means you lied to me." I said disappointedly.

"About what?" He returned his eyes back to me.

"What you told me, the reason for coming here."

"I didn't lie Alix, I do care about you, I just had to think of a good enough reason for bringing you here. You wouldn't have believed me if I explained this to you myself especially in the heat of the moment. I'm sorry Alix."

Before he could say anything else I ran off into the nearby woods. He chased after me.

"Scott go away." I said coldly.

"Alix, please." He begged.

"No, i don't want to see you ever again."

"But-" he was cut off.

"GO!" i screamed as he was hurled back. He got off the ground and ran towards me again.

"Alix stop it I do care about you, I do want to be with you okay?"

"No you don't you're just saying that cause that's what you think i want to hear."

"No i'm being honest." I lifted him into the air again as he spoke.

"And why should I trust you now?"

"Because I was there for you when nobody else was. Because I was the only guy at school that was sticking up for you instead of bullying you. Because I was there for you when you killed your mom and had nowhere else to turn to." I slowly closed my hand into a fist and his body tensed up. "You can't hurt me Alix, but you can try if you want."