Chapter 17

We made our way to Westchester where we met with the professor and I explained what was going on and what had happened in the previous timeline and he concluded the details with scanning through my thoughts and prior memories. He then did the same with Raven, it almost look as if they were communicating.

"Aren't you scared of me?" She asked after a short moment.

"Weren't you scared of my voice in your head?" He asked smiling. She smiled back and proceeded into the doorway as I followed along.

At this time Storm was still a student there along with Pyro who was previously on Magneto's side, against the humans. He was still practicing his fire bending techniques while holding a lighter up close to him. He couldn't be any older than twelve or thirteen around this time.

"Hey, welcome." Greeted Storm with her white hair pulled into a ponytail at a much younger age than I had previously met her.

"Hey, Storm." I greeted back.

"Oh you already know my name, cool." She giggled.

"Bet you don't know mine!" Shouted Pyro in a pre pubescent voice from the couch.

"Pyro, isn't it?" I responded.

He looked dumbfounded. "Well, actually it's Flamethrower...but now that I think of it I like the sound of that much better!" He turned around looking back down at his lighter. "Pyro." He confirmed to himself.

Storm proceeded to show Raven and I around. Raven quickly caught the attention of a lot of the younger students and began making friends. I noticed there was no longer any Danger Room being that the sentinels did not exist in this timeline, rather everyone trained and practiced their abilities outside on the school grounds now.

Storm led me up to the room upstairs where I would be staying. It was the same room Alix and I were staying in. Then I realized how weird it was. I was the same age I had been the whole time and right now he is out there somewhere as a small child. There wasn't much I can do at this age to befriend him and take him here so I was forced to leave him at home with his mother where I know he did not want to be.

I asked Professor Xavier to go there and reach out to him and his mother but foreseeing what the conclusion would be from my memories of what he shared during the previous timeline he decided it was best if we were to leave them be for the the time being with no psychic blocks either. The only thing I could do from here is wait until he is registered for highschool and meet him there just as we did originally.

A few days later the school was visited by Magneto who was now back to being his original mutant self. He would occasionally come by and see how Professor Xavier was running the school with his doubt in mind about mutants cohabiting with humans peacefully. He already appeared to have his eyes set on Pyro seeming to spend the most time observing him, that is until he came across Raven.

"Well, hello," He said with subtle excitement. "and who are you if I may ask?" He asked curiously.

"My name is Raven." She responded innocently.

"Raven." He tisked. "That doesn't sound right for you. That sounds like a human name." He walked slowly around her in a circle. "You are quite an anomaly, one might say mysterious, yet also unique." He said looking into her bright yellow eyes. "You need a name more suitable for your entire being."

"Like what?" She asked.

"Something like," he paused while further examining her. "Mystique."

"Mystique?" She asked.

"Even better when you say it." He walked back around her. "So what can you do my dear? What is your gift?"

She turned around to face him looking into his eyes as she transformed herself into an identical replica of him.