Chapter 7

Scott P.O.V.

A memorial service was held for Professor Charles Xavier that day. Now I knew what he meant. When he told me I had no idea what Alix was capable of, he was right. He taught us how power corrupts and can turn even the most innocent of people into a power crazy monster, and I saw it happen myself in gradual stages. Before all of this craziness I actually felt like I was falling in love with Alix. But something tells me this wasn't as powerful as he can get and I don't think i'm ever going to get the old Alix back.

"He was more than just a teacher. When we were scared, he gave us strength and when we were alone, he gave us a family. It's up to us to keep his dream alive, to keep his memory alive." Finished his closest former student, Storm. Most of the time when the professor wasn't present, Storm was in charge.

After the ceremony we went back inside. The television was on in the middle of a news report labeled "Magneto threat issued."

"Today's attack was only one of the many arising. So long as this cure exists, your cities will not be safe, your streets will not be safe, you will not be safe. And as for my fellow mutants I ask you of one thing. Join us, or stay out of our way. Enough mutant blood has been spilled already." Magneto stated. After his short speech showed a clip of a mutant shooting powerful blasts of fire around the city. Cars around the area were set on fire. Storm shut off the television.

"This cure is getting out of control."

"And we don't even have the professor now." Added another student glumly.

Regular P.O.V.

Magneto accepted me into his "Brotherhood of Mutants" and explained to me that despite the news article, I have no reason to fear him. But with this part of my mind unlocked I no longer feared anything.

"Everyone back at the school says you're the bad guy."

"Is that what they say?" He said chuckling.

I looked over and saw an odd looking helmet in Magneto's headquarters. "What's with the helmet?"

"That helmet is the only thing that's gonna protect me from the real bad guys." he replied. "Why would you even join in Charles path? What do these humans have to offer you?" He said with disgust in the word. "From what he's told me about you it doesn't seem that humanity has treated you too kindly. Am I wrong?"

I stayed silent. He chuckled again. "You don't have to answer that one. I have already seen." He faced me. "I'm sure you don't remember when we first met, you know what I saw when I first looked at you? I saw the next stage in evolution Charles and I dreamt of finding, and I thought to myself why would Charles want to turn this god into a mortal?" He held up a gun containing the cure. "I can manipulate the metal in this," the weaponized cure gun floated above the palm of his hand, "but you, you can do anything. Anything you can think of. The gun floated towards me and dissected itself until it was nothing but the needles inside of it. The needles floated to Magneto's face.

"Enough." He said trying to sound calm. The needles came closer and he took a step back. "ENOUGH!" He shouted frightened by the threat.

I smirked and faced him. "You sound just like him." I said nonchalantly as I turned around.

"I am nothing like him, he wanted to hold you back." He said as he took a step forward.